OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just catching up on the Bundesliga games from last weekend, that penalty for Dortmund’s winner was ridiculous.
It was against Leverkusen right? I know I watched the game but can't remember it. Was a enjoyable watch though. Too many games have run through the mind in the past few days to recall it though.

I do remember Brandt's beautiful 2nd goal though. Did you see it from different angles? What sublime skill and touch.

It was against Leverkusen right? I know I watched the game but can't remember it. Was a enjoyable watch though. Too many games have run through the mind in the past few days to recall it though.

I do remember Brandt's beautiful 2nd goal though. Did you see it from different angles? What sublime skill and touch.

Yes, v Lverkusen, was the winner as well. I didn't watch the whole game, so don't know if it was deserved, just seemed very harsh way for Leverkusen to lose what looked like a cracking game.

I am very surprised that no-one showed any interest in Brandt this summer, rumour was (can't remember where I heard or read it) Dortmund would have listened to offers and weren't looking for a kings ransom - not sure if that was true though?

I see West Ham are routinely winning at a team we couldn’t muster a solitary goal against over 120 mins in a European QF last year

Never change Spurs

Were you watching?

Both goals complete and utter gifts apparently.

Result > performance seemingly.

Are we seeing different rules for Spurs compared to others again like we do in the trf window?

Last edited:
We'd have still struggled against them though this evening, of that there can be no doubt.

Let's not pretend we didn't stroll the home leg against them...... I recall there being complaints that we were wasteful on the night and that we didn't score more to put the tie to bed.

Did you watch them play tonight? ....Sounds like a few peeps here are just riffing against Spurs purely because of the result.

Watching the Leicester game.. can’t help but compare the way we play to teams like this, we seem so far behind in our quality and style of play. Pretty sobering tbh.

Threw a 2-0 lead away and got a silly red in the end..... Def. seen us pull such a 'blinder' before.

I see West Ham fans got terrorised by the Zagreb Bad Blue Boys yesterday. Fuck em. The delight they took from some of ours getting cut and stabbed in Italy a few years back means I have no sympathy.

Yes, v Lverkusen, was the winner as well. I didn't watch the whole game, so don't know if it was deserved, just seemed very harsh way for Leverkusen to lose what looked like a cracking game.
Yeah, I remember defense being optional. But I did enjoy it. Didn't actually see the pen so can't comment.
I am very surprised that no-one showed any interest in Brandt this summer, rumour was (can't remember where I heard or read it) Dortmund would have listened to offers and weren't looking for a kings ransom - not sure if that was true though?
Yeah, saw that. But he's come back svelte and looking for a fight. It showed confidence in Gio that they would listen to offers for JB but for the past few games he's been starting over GR so perhaps they are happy with the fact no one came in for him.

Just catching up on some Ligue1 from last weekend. Bamba Dieng (21yo forward/wide fwd Marseille) looks like a lively fucker doesn’t he? Bit of the Mané about him maybe? Robust, quick as fuck, technically decent and very direct with a desire to score.

Back
Top Bottom