OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't mind United, there's more than enough genuine rivals out there for us Spurs fans no need to fabricate a rivalry with a club that's not local to us.

I remember when they were the only club standing in the way of Wenger's Woolwich and then Chelsea, in particular in the CL final in 2008.

Some of their media cheerleaders are nauseating but I switch off when they're on anyway!

Atalanta are Italian, don't like Italian clubs nor their national team.

Fuck United. Fucking bumptious, self entitled, cock sucking, wankers.

United are getting top 4 because of one person, Ronaldo. He will single handily drag them into the top 4. That’s what you get when you back the manager and buy world class players. Take note bald cunt!!!

We're literally above them as we speak and they haven't played anyone decent and we haven't even been good.

relax yourself.

United are getting top 4 because of one person, Ronaldo. He will single handily drag them into the top 4. That’s what you get when you back the manager and buy world class players. Take note bald cunt!!!

Ronaldo is simply incomparable unless we are talking Messi of course.

The desire to still give everything is just impossible to comprehend.

Makes me sick.

As I said earlier in the thread there is something about United and Soljskaer that seems to transcend sense.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't see Vardy as an automatic starter every week these days. But there's still plenty of football left in him, even at Premier League level. Though if Daka performs anything like he did today for them consistently he might find himself on the bench a bit more often!
Called it last season, he's dynamic enough for the prem, for us I think he could have been the RWF to compliment Son Kane, then if Kane went to had contingency. But we gazed higher thinking Kane was going, I guess...?

Ronaldo is simply incomparable unless we are talking Messi of course.

The desire to still give everything us just impossible to comprehend.

Makes me sick.

As I said earlier in the thread there is something about United and Soljskaer that seems to transcend sense.
Steady on. They eventually won against moderate Italian opposition who were gassed after an hour. For all the money that’s been spent at Old Trafford, it’s a bit of a joke that they don’t have any kind of balance to the team or structure to the way they play.

Steady on. They eventually won against moderate Italian opposition who were gassed after an hour. For all the money that’s been spent at Old Trafford, it’s a bit of a joke that they don’t have any kind of balance to the team or structure to the way they play.
Missing 5 first choice defenders too

We're literally above them as we speak and they haven't played anyone decent and we haven't even been good.

relax yourself.

We all know how this ends. We are not getting top 4, and beating Villa and Newcastle hasn’t suddenly made that possible. It’s Just being realistic. United have a better team than us.

We all know how this ends. We are not getting top 4, and beating Villa and Newcastle hasn’t suddenly made that possible. It’s Just being realistic. United have a better team than us.
Man U have a stockpile of some of the best talent in the league. They rarely play as an effective coherent team though.

Man U have a stockpile of some of the best talent in the league. They rarely play as an effective coherent team though.

Well, I guarantee they finish above us and get a top 4 place. I think people need to calm down a bit predicting top 4 again. We are nowhere near it and won’t be by the end of the season. It’s not negative, it’s being realistic

Well, I guarantee they finish above us and get a top 4 place. I think people need to calm down a bit predicting top 4 again. We are nowhere near it and won’t be by the end of the season. It’s not negative, it’s being realistic

I don't think anyone is really 'predicting' top 4, merely saying it is a possibility. Personally I'm not someone who has any faith we will get there, but I respect the optimists and sometimes they get it right, so hey, we can hope.

I’ve made no comment on our prospects of Top
4. I’ve just referred to Man U been a collection of individuals and badly coached.

In fairness, United definitely do have a better team than us. But Nuno is a better coach than Ole and miracles have happened before, so who knows? Football can be weird, there's almost no absolutes.

Man for man, they obviously have the jump on us.

Said before the season even started; if any of the 'obv 4' stumble we must be in a position to capitalise..... That's all we can do.

Right now based on PPG we're on track for 72 points. Will that be enough? Will we improve? Will we deteriorate? Who knows... Plenty of twists left in the road..... No prizes for being the first to write us off though(*).

(*Not that you were; but that's the stock mentality I was responding to.)

Man for man, they obviously have the jump on us.

Said before the season even started; if any of the 'obv 4' stumble we must be in a position to capitalise..... That's all we can do.

Right now based on PPG we're on track for 72 points. Will that be enough? Will we improve? Will we deteriorate? Who knows... Plenty of twists left in the road..... No prizes for being the first to write us off though(*).

(*Not that you were; but that's the stock mentality I was responding to.)

Agree with that, I said a little while back that if Nuno gets Europa League, he's done very well. If he can get us in a position where if any of the top 4 do stumble we're first in line to take advantage, then that's job done. You can't ask for more than that without being unreasonable given the squad we have.

Happy to admit I wrote us off for top 4 before the season even started, won't pretend otherwise. But I'm a miserable sod when it comes to Spurs sometime, I've been wrong plenty of times in the past, and will be wrong again. So far Nuno deserves credit for the results overall, despite those terrible 3 games.

The next couple of league matches are incredibly important. Two tough games, and if we come out of them well we're in a great position.

Back
Top Bottom