OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The new Wan-Bissake take is funny....

Their lot were bitching about him not making the Euros squad back in May cos he was 'the best defensive FB in Europe' (tm)...... Now he's one of their villains D'jour.

Shaw was absolute gash today (not for the first time this season)...... Wonder if that's the end of his purple patch........? I wonder if they'll be calling him Shaw-berto Carlos much longer....?

"Best Defense in Europe" was the hot take in the summer from their fans and a few of their media plants.

...Now it's anyone but Ole's fault that if they're shipping 5 goals at home.

[insert circus music]

I always thought he was crap. Sure, he makes a few good tackles. But the rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired. Shaw had a good Euro's to be fair and did better than I expected. But I'd still take Chilwell over him, and not just because Chilwell has suddenly come into great form. Shaw can be very good going forward but he's almost as poor as Alexander-Arnold is defensively. But nothing seems to get said about it.

Lampard was sacked and Tuchel won the CL; what would be our comparative success if extrapolating that scenario?

...Tuchel plays pretty miserable football

I wouldn't say Tuchel plays miserable football at all.

and most discontents don't want that.

Anyone who doesn't want something as tactically "good" and "well coached" as Tuchel is serving up isn't worth worrying about. Just give them a video of Harry Redknapp's car passenger seat sound bites and they'll be happy.

When you say "Ethos"... Are we talking about something that amounts to something other than prettier football?

My view is that if you at least start with a good ethos you have some logic on your side - no matter what happens next, and hopefully have a better chance of success - whatever the context of that success is for the realistic capability of the club involved.

I always thought he was crap. Sure, he makes a few good tackles. But the rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired. Shaw had a good Euro's to be fair and did better than I expected. But I'd still take Chilwell over him, and not just because Chilwell has suddenly come into great form. Shaw can be very good going forward but he's almost as poor as Alexander-Arnold is defensively. But nothing seems to get said about it.

Shaw had a very good Euro's......

He's had one good 6 months purple patch since joining in Summer 14 under 3 different managers.... But people wanna blame that all on Jose.

Shaw had a very good Euro's......

He's had one good 6 months purple patch since joining in Summer 14 under 3 different managers.... But people wanna blame that all on Jose.

Shaw's a good left back imo, still does well whenever in the England squad. Crosses well, really strong, good engine on him. That entire United team looks awful right now so hard to judge him, but when they were somewhat decent I thought most of last season he was fantastic.

Wan Bissaka is utter crap. He gets praise for his defensive work when it's only tackling he's good at, his positioning is horrendous, when we beat them 6-1 there were at least 2 goals he fucked up on. Teams let him have the ball in attacking areas because he's so bad at attacking as well.

I wouldn't say Tuchel plays miserable football at all.

Apart from when a couple of teams have rolled over for them; chavs have been dire to watch this season.... Even some chav fans will admit that.

Anyone who doesn't want something as tactically "good" and "well coached" as Tuchel is serving up isn't worth worrying about.

Sure, but reality bites.... Our next manger probably isn't coming from the top shelf.

Just give them a video of Harry Redknapp's car passenger seat sound bites and they'll be happy.

LOL
My view is that if you at least start with a good ethos you have some logic on your side - no matter what happens next, and hopefully have a better chance of success - whatever the context of that success is for the realistic capability of the club involved.

Sure.... But the aforementioned Lampard/Tuchel equivalent scenario would require some form of tangible outcome for us come the end of the season.

A patient, longer-term coaching led project is obviously the sensible solution, but it wasn't a demand for that which provoked my original question. FWIW (and to your credit) I don't think the original question really applied to your mind-set to begin with. 👍

- Lampard <> Tuchel = CL win
- Ole <> XXX = Saved season and trophy/trophies
- Nuno <> ???? = ????

Apart from when a couple of teams have rolled over for them; chavs have been dire to watch this season.... Even some chav fans will admit that.
Hahahaha

Here he comes with the excuses

Top of the league while your boss is pushing us towards bottom half

Shaw's a good left back imo, still does well whenever in the England squad. Crosses well, really strong, good engine on him. That entire United team looks awful right now so hard to judge him, but when they were somewhat decent I thought most of last season he was fantastic.

Yeh, but the 2nd half of last season thru to the Euro's is BY FAR his best spell of football in an otherwise very sketchy SEVEN year Utd career!

Wan Bissaka is utter crap. He gets praise for his defensive work when it's only tackling he's good at, his positioning is horrendous, when we beat them 6-1 there were at least 2 goals he fucked up on. Teams let him have the ball in attacking areas because he's so bad at attacking as well.

We also made Shaw look like a mug on numerous occasions during that game.

....But that's cos we are awesome!:freundgoal:

Yeh, but the 2nd half of last season thru to the Euro's is BY FAR his best spell of football in an otherwise very sketchy SEVEN year Utd career!

We also made Shaw look like a mug on numerous occasions during that game.

....But that's cos we are awesome!:freundgoal:

It was, I think he arrived a little too young to a United team who have been in turmoil during this decade, he's had some good and bad seasons during that time. I remember he was playing incredibly well under LVG then had a horrific injury which kept him out for ages, and when he came back it took a while for him to return to his best.

Then he had the honour of getting bullied by Jose Mourinho like many a player, which can't have helped. Ole for all his faults seems a good manager, put an arm round him and seemed to have made a player out of him. This campaign I don't think he's been any worse than those around him.

Not saying he's a top, top player though, he has weaknesses .. but AWB is a lost cause unless he finds some weird niche positioning, as his only top attribute is tackling.

Only the stupid ones, probably the same ones that bitched about Sarri-ball and Jorginho etc. and cheered when Lampard arrived. The odd bum performance maketh not failed ethos/approach.
- Lampard <> Tuchel = CL win
- Ole <> XXX = Saved season and trophy/trophies
- Nuno <> ???? = ???? = not boring the tits off everyone with mehness

It was, I think he arrived a little too young to a United team who have been in turmoil during this decade, he's had some good and bad seasons during that time. I remember he was playing incredibly well under LVG then had a horrific injury which kept him out for ages, and when he came back it took a while for him to return to his best.

Then he had the honour of getting bullied by Jose Mourinho like many a player, which can't have helped. Ole for all his faults seems a good manager, put an arm round him and seemed to have made a player out of him. This campaign I don't think he's been any worse than those around him.

I've crunched all the dates etc. before..... Sure he had a bad injury, but you're being way too kind.....

He turned up fat and out of shape and immediately found himself in LVGs bad books..... Hard to take the Jose excuse seriously considering.

"He's had some good seasons"

He's not had a consistently good full season since he arrived.

Don't forget they brought Teles in at the beginning of last season which has probably just given him a kick up the arse.... Without that run of form last season the chips could have fallen different and left their LBs being Teles + that academy lad that did ok cememted as back-up.

Not saying he's a top, top player though, he has weaknesses .. but AWB is a lost cause unless he finds some weird niche positioning, as his only top attribute is tackling.

AWB = midtable RCB..... ?

or

Bottom third RB....?

Only the stupid ones, probably the same ones that bitched about Sarri-ball and Jorginho etc. and cheered when Lampard arrived. The odd bum performance maketh not failed ethos/approach.

It's been more bum than not in the league this season (in term of performance; not points)....

Brentford.... Villa.... City..... 1st half vs US....

Palace, Norwich & Goons rolled over....

Looked strong against Liverpool... Can't remember their other game....

I've crunched all the dates etc. before..... Sure he had a bad injury, but you're being way too kind.....

He turned up fat and out of shape and immediately found himself in LVGs bad books..... Hard to take the Jose excuse seriously considering.

"He's had some good seasons"

He's not had a consistently good full season since he arrived.

Don't forget they brought Teles in at the beginning of last season which has probably just given him a kick up the arse.... Without that run of form last season the chips could have fallen different and left their LBs being Teles + that academy lad that did ok cememted as back-up.

AWB = midtable RCB..... ?

or

Bottom third RB....?

He had a good season in 18/19 iirc, and 20/21 was good too overall. I don't remember him having a bad half, just coming more to life in the second. And LVG was and is a bellend too, United pick managers badly. Two egotistical wankers with no man management skills, both wound up the entire squad till the point they were hated at the club.

But yeah, I'll take your point, he's clearly struggled. But hey, still only 26. Clearly been inconsistent but I've always thought he had the skillset and he finally seemed to put it together. I expect under a new, decent manager he will get back to it. May be wrong.

I'd say RCB but positionally horrible and can't play out under pressure which even at mid table sides these days is a necessity. All round just a bad player for the modern game, and a shocker of a purchase for United.

The new Wan-Bissake take is funny....

Their lot were bitching about him not making the Euros squad back in May cos he was 'the best defensive FB in Europe' (tm)...... Now he's one of their villains D'jour.

Shaw was absolute gash today (not for the first time this season)...... Wonder if that's the end of his purple patch........? I wonder if they'll be calling him Shaw-berto Carlos much longer....?

"Best Defense in Europe" was the hot take in the summer from their fans and a few of their media plants.

...Now it's anyone but Ole's fault that they're shipping 5 goals at home.

[insert circus music]
Superb striker with a great instinct for being in the right place at the right time has trouble setting up a defence. Who knew?!?!?!?

W-B can be a very good defender, and would be again with a fully coordinated manager/coach/personnel/tactics/strategy. He's got no chance at that shit show!!

Shaw has never looked anything like as good as when Poch was his mgr.

Conte with a 3/5 defence would help these guys turn it around. Hopefully he never gets the chance.

Back
Top Bottom