OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Milan are a good side, hope they can somehow get a win at Anfield on the last day. They've been playing really well the whole tournament, unfortunate to not have more points against Porto and even could have beaten Liverpool at the San Siro.

City were well worth the win, despite being without De Bruyne, Foden, Grealish...

Despite winning one apiece, they showed they are a much better team over the two fixtures.

Not a massive fan of the head to head rule over goal difference. Takes some of the drama away from the final set of games the group
bonaspur23 what part of that do you disagree with mate?

Do you think maybe I am a fan of that rule because I didn't think I was.

Said it in regard to the dortmund group where dortmund are 3 points behind sporting and outside of this head to head rule, there would need to be a 10 goal swing. Sporting have got Ajax next (who they lost by 4 goals last time) and Dortmund have Besiktas. Would have been interesting going in to the last game with Dortmund knowing they needed to score lots of goals but instead it's already decided and the last group game doesn't change anything for any of the teams in the group.

The Europa could be pretty good after Christmas with Barcelona, Dortmund, Lepizig, Milan/Atletico, Benfica, Atlanta, Sevilla and Zenit dropping in!

bonaspur23 what part of that do you disagree with mate?

Do you think maybe I am a fan of that rule because I didn't think I was.

Said it in regard to the dortmund group where dortmund are 3 points behind sporting and outside of this head to head rule, there would need to be a 10 goal swing. Sporting have got Ajax next (who they lost by 4 goals last time) and Dortmund have Besiktas. Would have been interesting going in to the last game with Dortmund knowing they needed to score lots of goals but instead it's already decided and the last group game doesn't change anything for any of the teams in the group.
I like the rule because you don’t get rewarded for beating the snot out of the 4th placed team… the two legs against whichever team you tie with become more important.

I agree in this case it removes some drama in the last week.

Nothing personal.

Jesus the total lack of any defensive responsibility that falls upon any of that PSG front three is insane. You have to look at the coach when that happens, but are their ego’s such that no manager could change it? Messi is an extraordinary player but bringing one of the least hard working players off the ball in the world in to that attack doesn’t seem like it’s working at all to me.

Tough for Poch. The job really doesn’t seem to suit him, and the players don’t really seem to be buying in this methods either.

I like the rule because you don’t get rewarded for beating the snot out of the 4th placed team… the two legs against whichever team you tie with become more important.

I agree in this case it removes some drama in the last week.

Nothing personal.
Its a league, performance against all teams in the league decides progression, so beating the snot out of 4th place is more relevant imo. If you are going to have it head to head then a straight knock out

Back
Top Bottom