OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Been a terrible game, I nearly nodded off first half.
Only watched since the 60 minute mark. I'd never watch Atleti for reasons of liquid football entertainment. Quite why so many people would have had Simeone as manager "in a heartbeat" has always been a complete mystery to me (aside from the small facts that he earns more than twice any other manager and he can't speak English).

Quite why so many people would have had Simeone as manager "in a heartbeat" has always been a complete mystery to me (aside from the small facts that he earns more than twice any other manager and he can't speak English).
Yeah - and the small fact he’s won 2 La Ligas during prime Barca/Real period along with other trophies on a fraction of the budget

If you're a 7 out of 10 player in Serie A you're not making too much noise in the Premier League. He's decent but hardly an improvement on what we already have.
That's definitely not how it works, considering the likes of B Silva, Mahrez and Dias came from the French and Portugese league and Fernandinho came from the Ukrainian league. Kessie hasn't been as good this season but Conte would turn him into a monster.

Yeah - and the small fact he’s won 2 La Ligas during prime Barca/Real period along with other trophies on a fraction of the budget
It's astonishing how little you know. Firstly, they have a very sizeable budget (Simeone's salary alone is something like €50 million, secondly, when they have won the league in recent years Barcelona and/or Madrid had weak seasons.

Tell us more about it kicking off in Lisbon...

That's definitely not how it works, considering the likes of B Silva, Mahrez and Dias came from the French and Portugese league and Fernandinho came from the Ukrainian league. Kessie hasn't been as good this season but Conte would turn him into a monster.

Never said it was how it works. But I watch a lot of Serie A, enough to know that Kessie is pretty average and no manager is turning him into a "monster". Complete hyperbole. Physically he's got the tools but I don't see him as much of an improvement on what we already have. He's 25 soon too, it's not like he's a 19 year old prospect.

Good thing Atletico went through. Every fan of the other 3 clubs were ready to suck off each-other just to make Atletico go last. They're a team of proper cunts, and that's what makes them great. Also, the lesser of 3 evils in Spain.

The biggest surprise in this year's Champions League will be a non English winner..

European football is in a poor state and its 2 brightest stars slowly but surely beginning to fade.

Good thing Atletico went through. Every fan of the other 3 clubs were ready to suck off each-other just to make Atletico go last. They're a team of proper cunts, and that's what makes them great. Also, the lesser of 3 evils in Spain.
Apart from the facist fans.

A Liverpool side missing half of their team and taking it easy are still light years ahead of Milan. Italian football really is pants compared to what it used to be.

Yeah it's properly in the dirt at the moment. Actually a really fun to watch, competitive division with lots of entertaining games, but in terms of competing in European competitions its as far off as it ever has been. Not a single side in the league could you even see making a semi final.

Just not enough money around, really. And the one club who did have a bit of cash to throw about (Juve) fucked it and now don't due to wasted money and corona.

Only watched since the 60 minute mark. I'd never watch Atleti for reasons of liquid football entertainment. Quite why so many people would have had Simeone as manager "in a heartbeat" has always been a complete mystery to me (aside from the small facts that he earns more than twice any other manager and he can't speak English).
Never seen anyone particularly suggest that, even during the managerial search mess. Not even sure he was on the poll. Horrible football.

Back
Top Bottom