OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2022/23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They look more solid with Saliba, no? He's better than White or Holding at CB. That's the main area they've improved based on today.

In terms of an individual performance he was ok (wasn't exactly a tough test for him tho'), but as a team, no; they didn't look more solid.....

They look more solid with Saliba, no? He's better than White or Holding at CB. That's the main area they've improved based on today.
Arteta had them play in an organised low/mid-block last season. It's the only thing I can give him credit for. The issues at the back though are apparent when they try to attack (in fact the specific issue is midfield failing to deal with a turnover against them) when they lose the ball and are counterattacked. Once they are turned their defence is vulnerable. We didn't see this today, they basically did what we know they can do, that's to sit in a low/mid-block.

I had completly forgotten about Fulham being in the PL!!! and last year must have washed over me, I genuinely don't recall him playing (I'm guessing he played against us??).

He was okay at Fulham (he was on loan there) and was linked with us but ended up at Palace instead and we got Romero.

He's a solid defender with good distribution but he's not very agile and is relatively slow on the turn. Today was the best game I have ever seen him play so I'm leaning towards it being an anomaly.

I only remember him against us last season because he was outjumped by Lucas Moura for one of our goals when we beat Palace at home.

Just finished watching the first half of the Lyon/Ajaccio game. Good game, Lyon starting to look more like a (Back door) Bosz team - lots of ball but still a bit vulnerable. His teams tend to function better in 433's Ajax/Leverkusen did anyway). The 19yo kid playing as the 6 - Lerpenant - did a reasonably good job. Thought Gusto (RB) had a decent half as well.

The hype is both ridiculous, but totally predictable.

Let them continue and build themselves up to being world beaters. I am happy to fly under the radar. Such a predictable club and fanbase. The Press just pander to them.

They will be top 2 at end of Sept, and mid table by end of Nov.

Bench is full absolute dross, Holding, Elneny, Pepe, Soares etc. when these dreggs start to come in, the wheels will come off

Bench is full absolute dross, Holding, Elneny, Pepe, Soares etc. when these dreggs start to come in, the wheels will come off
That's what stood out for me when the teams were announced, I looked at their bench and thought they are cooked. They have Europa to contend with this season and a World Cup smack bang in the middle too!

They've spent ยฃ278m in the last three windows and have had Saka come through their academy. It's inevitable that they're going to be a better side than the shite they've served up the last decade. We'll have to accept that they're going to win a lot of games this season sadly.

The good news is that their depth is shite and we'll win more games than them.

Thank god we beat them to 4th spot. Otherwise they would have spent even more cash and we'd have spent a summer wondering what Conte and Kane were going to do.

Up the Spurs and enjoy today!

Not is they start the same way as tonight.

You can't watch scum play football around you.

Agree but thatโ€™s the exact scum performance I saw them carry out loads of times last season. Clubs need to weather the early storm and then get on top of them physically. But the early moments is where the fans come in. A dark night in November with the fans on top form and the Woolwich players without the sun on their backs and the game is completely different.

I agree. It seems to be being missed by lots of people. Their starting eleven has improved but they havenโ€™t spent enough on their squad to compete in Europe and the PL. They canโ€™t even try and throw the Europa League because if they do and finish third in their group theyโ€™ll go into the Conference League, which will be worse. ๐Ÿ˜‚ They might get lucky with injuries but they have quite a few players with a history of them.

Fulham will get tired after 25 minutes. This has a 3-0 Liverpool win written all over it.

Back
Top Bottom