Other Spurs forums/sites you frequent?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Flav said:
cantsmilespurs said:
Used to post on GG but it's become a little tedious. Still lurk there for some light reading at work

Not suprising that SC and COYS are closed forums. Everyone on there seems to be an overly precious cunt.

The bloke who runs COYS once threatened to cut me up and put me in the bins behind my work.

Did you do something incredibly heinous like disagreeing with someone else?

Can't remember the details as it was years ago, but I think it was something to do with them taking down a link to an article I wrote.

LMAO did the fella who runs COYS really say something like that. What a fucking poindexter. I hate keyboard hooligans.

I must admit, the fact the prominent Spurs boards are 'invited only' or whatever is shocking, makes us look like cunts. "Oh, it's because we're too popular for the internet to handle"... wankers. Fuck off.

Looking around on GG I saw someone do an "OMT" which I guess is "original match thread" or something?

Anyway... the bloke who posted wrote the preview to the upcoming game, wrote about the history between the clubs etc, and made a prediction. The next 8 or 9 replies consisted of "you've only got 100 posts, how dare you write an OMT"... "what a dick the OP is, he's only got 100 posts"... etc.

And yet, the majority of posts I did see were of no obvious higher enlightenment or insight.

To be fair SLR, that GG thing is a tradition and its tongue in cheek.

As for COYS, I had similar threats made to me a few years back although can no longer remember if it was via COYS or another forum. It was over ITK I posted on my blog and proceeded to rip the piss out of. I found a thread that had them talking about tracking me down via domain name registration to 'sort me out'.

Begs the questions - are Spurs the most fragmented fanbase (online) or do other Prem clubs have similar civil wars?

S.L.R said:
LMAO did the fella who runs COYS really say something like that. What a fucking poindexter. I hate keyboard hooligans.

I must admit, the fact the prominent Spurs boards are 'invited only' or whatever is shocking, makes us look like cunts. "Oh, it's because we're too popular for the internet to handle"... wankers. Fuck off.

Looking around on GG I saw someone do an "OMT" which I guess is "original match thread" or something?

Anyway... the bloke who posted wrote the preview to the upcoming game, wrote about the history between the clubs etc, and made a prediction. The next 8 or 9 replies consisted of "you've only got 100 posts, how dare you write an OMT"... "what a dick the OP is, he's only got 100 posts"... etc.

And yet, the majority of posts I did see were of no obvious higher enlightenment or insight.

OMT= Official Match Thread.
It's a half tongue in cheek, half superstitous thing, and certain rules are set out (and also totally ignored) such as no posting an OMT when the previous one is still stickied, Spurs are always first in the subject line etc etc.
It's also traditional to post pictures of badgers and be called a cunt for it by the more humourless members of the board.

GG is a good forum, but goes through stages of being full of idiots. There a couple of trolls who hang about, post something inflammatory, then fuck off without defending their stance, but I'm yet to find a Spurs forum I use more.

spooky said:
To be fair SLR, that GG thing is a tradition and its tongue in cheek.

As for COYS, I had similar threats made to me a few years back although can no longer remember if it was via COYS or another forum. It was over ITK I posted on my blog and proceeded to rip the piss out of. I found a thread that had them talking about tracking me down via domain name registration to 'sort me out'.

Begs the questions - are Spurs the most fragmented fanbase (online) or do other Prem clubs have similar civil wars?

I dunno about whether there are other forums for each club that argue with each other, but I know there is plenty of infighting at Bluemoon, Arsemania and Ready to Go (sunderland forum), with it getting pretty nasty at times on some of them.

DML (infrequent / past guest blogger) is 1st choice even if Spooky is a prize cunt :wink: , read 'Windy' and JimmyG2. Like reason and logic.

Once, many years ago, had an a blog article lifted from a previous site (prideoflondon.org. since departed) by Harry Hotspur, except is his haste he missed off the first few lines in a quick edit which gave the whole thing 'context', so it didn't even make that much sense. The guy who ran the site as admin went full 'blog spacker' on him when he posted on newsnow as 'his' article. Made me a little circumspect of bloggers and forums.

Less time to comment anywhere really. In fact presence here is mostly procrastination, as have a fuck load to do all the time.

Even now, should be doing something else. :rolleyes:

tricky said:
DML (infrequent / past guest blogger) is 1st choice even if Spooky is a prize cunt :wink:

Amen to this. He just doesn't have the wit or class of a Harry Hotspur for example. Still, unfair comparison, Harry is the creme da la creme of Spurs bloggers and a fine example to the rest of the internet.

On a slightly unrelated note my mate once sat next to Windy at WHL and said that he smelt of dead prostitutes. Make of that what you will, just passing on in good faith.

Louis XVI said:
tricky said:
DML (infrequent / past guest blogger) is 1st choice even if Spooky is a prize cunt :wink:

Amen to this. He just doesn't have the wit or class of a Harry Hotspur for example. Still, unfair comparison, Harry is the creme da la creme of Spurs bloggers and a fine example to the rest of the internet.

On a slightly unrelated note my mate once sat next to Windy at WHL and said that he smelt of dead prostitutes. Make of that what you will, just passing on in good faith.
Think I prefered your grandad, he was the 'great king', whereas your reign led only to civil war and you were revered only as a cunt who lost his head.

Still, I can understand how your associates would all find that smell of dead prosies follows them around. Can I recommend that they visit norwich one day, they'd like it there. :dry:

tricky said:
Louis XVI said:
tricky said:

Think I prefered your grandad, he was the 'great king', whereas your reign led only to civil war and you were revered only as a cunt who lost his head.

Execution jokes? Show some respect for the realm please.

tricky said:
Once, many years ago, had an a blog article lifted from a previous site (prideoflondon.org. since departed) by Harry Hotspur, except is his haste he missed off the first few lines in a quick edit which gave the whole thing 'context', so it didn't even make that much sense. The guy who ran the site as admin went full 'blog spacker' on him when he posted on newsnow as 'his' article. Made me a little circumspect of bloggers and forums.

You might have mentioned the above to me in the past, but I forgot. Makes it ironic that he went spastic over me supposedly style thieving his content (something he believed many of us lesser bloggers were doing at the time).

Is Harry Hotspur still going?

It seems odd to have even suggested that blogs had a 'pecking order', mainly by the inherrent nature of posting something freely to the world which, comparitively speaking, very few people really gives that much of a shit about.

There are some truly strange people out there, some of it turns out are complete cock gobblers.

Back
Top Bottom