Other Stadiums and Training Grounds

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They can't manage to average even 30k and some cup games they get less than 10k .... how they can justify a new 40k stadium, when they can't fill the old 47k stadium, is a bit odd .....
Went fiorentina away a couple of years ago....
The away end was shocking and in Dier need of knocking down and moving a couple of kilometres closer to the pitch

They can't manage to average even 30k and some cup games they get less than 10k .... how they can justify a new 40k stadium, when they can't fill the old 47k stadium, is a bit odd .....
Aren't basically all stadiums in Italy in need of knocking down? A lot of them weren't up to scratch during Italia '90 and there's been very little redevelopment since. It's not so much about needing more capacity and rather requiring a ground that isn't falling to pieces and dangerous.

Aren't basically all stadiums in Italy in need of knocking down? A lot of them weren't up to scratch during Italia '90 and there's been very little redevelopment since. It's not so much about needing more capacity and rather requiring a ground that isn't falling to pieces and dangerous.

That's probably true ... they did ithis one up in the 90's ... took out the running track and new roof ... still it's an old, old stadium .... just don't see how a club with so few fans can afford a 700m stadium ....

That's probably true ... they did ithis one up in the 90's ... took out the running track and new roof ... still it's an old, old stadium .... just don't see how a club with so few fans can afford a 700m stadium ....
State subsidies through the back door to pump the local economy. Very common in Southern Europe where a lot of clubs don’t own the stadium they play in

State subsidies through the back door to pump the local economy. Very common in Southern Europe where a lot of clubs don’t own the stadium they play in
Yup. Their current stadium is owned by the city/municipality so the rent is probably very high. Espanyol built their own, smaller stadium for this reason. It was long term cheaper to buy land and build their own stadium than paying the rent

A lot of Italian clubs are trying to follow the juventus and Torino model and move to their own purpose built stadium, it has helped juve to move to another level in financial clout and other big clubs in Italy are waking up to this.

AC Milan, under Chinese investment owners, are keen to leave the San siro, as are Roma who want out of the stadio olimpico.

Yup. Their current stadium is owned by the city/municipality so the rent is probably very high. Espanyol built their own, smaller stadium for this reason. It was long term cheaper to buy land and build their own stadium than paying the rent
added to the fact thay were playing in an athletics stadium, which afforded shite views and a shite atmosphere

Come on leaps and bounds since I used to play there.
Especially The changing rooms
Pitches are fairly decent too, those close to the road are now half size pitches, which is fantastic for kids, no longer are 10yrs olds playing of full size pitches. As I'm knocking on a bit I prefer to play on these too, grass is excellent and even. All in all the whole place is unrecognisable, the full size pitches are also much better, although I'd argue there is more dog shit on them than ever before.

Leicester new training ground
- it's gonna be expensive to run this when they're back in league 1
pUCMjo0.jpg

RfDEaHP.jpg

JsOoO6r.jpg

llghr4i.jpg

YDJhX3I.jpg
What up with all the golf sections?

1860 Munchen moved out of the Allianz Arena, and FC Bayern redesigned the interior

Old design
6872331612_246749407c_b.jpg

New design
fbywuhY.jpg

vQZgsPa.jpg

DHi1ANL.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom