Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

According to ESPN the other team in for Willian was Everton. I’ve always thought the links to us for him were nonsense and 2+2=5 made up clickbait

Chelsea and Brazil winger Willian, 31, has agreed a three-year deal with Woolwich worth £100,000 per week. (ESPN)

According to ESPN the other team in for Willian was Everton. I’ve always thought the links to us for him were nonsense and 2+2=5 made up clickbait

Chelsea and Brazil winger Willian, 31, has agreed a three-year deal with Woolwich worth £100,000 per week. (ESPN)

Fuck me, if that's true they are going to spending nearly £350,000 a week on two players well into their 30's

Seems like madness

I thought they would have to pay him at least twice that amount, seeing as he is coming on a free, etc. If I were an Woolwich fan, I would be relatively happy with that deal.

I thought they would have to pay him at least twice that amount, seeing as he is coming on a free, etc. If I were an Woolwich fan, I would be relatively happy with that deal.

That doesn't include the no doubt multi million pound signing on fee?

I thought we would get him seeing as he had already completed his medical?

I think there was likely some smoke to them as he had played well for Jose in the past and he seems to like players that worked well for him in the past. Also he seemed to want to stay in London (which is understandable) so perhaps he was willing to take a little less to do that.

However, at the end of the day a 30+ winger is likely the absolutely last thing we need to add. We need to move out our "older" wingers (Lamela and Moura) and bring in some youth not get even older on the bench at that spot.

I think there was likely some smoke to them as he had played well for Jose in the past and he seems to like players that worked well for him in the past. Also he seemed to want to stay in London (which is understandable) so perhaps he was willing to take a little less to do that.

However, at the end of the day a 30+ winger is likely the absolutely last thing we need to add. We need to move out our "older" wingers (Lamela and Moura) and bring in some youth not get even older on the bench at that spot.

A someone else pointed out.... We bought Sess, Bergwijn & Clarke in the last 12 months.... Lamela & Moura are 28 & 27 respectively, Son is 28... The age-spread is fine for now.

We don't know his signing fee, when on a free they can chuck it as a signing fee if they are trying to keep a wage structure

A someone else pointed out.... We bought Sess, Bergwijn & Clarke in the last 12 months.... Lamela & Moura are 28 & 27 respectively, Son is 28... The age-spread is fine for now.

Is Sess a winger now or LB?

What is the likelihood that Clarke ever plays meaningful minutes for us?

Bergwijn is a good addition, although it is frustrating seeing him coming off the bench so often.

Lamela and Moura offer us nothing offensively, they are both terrible with the ball at their feet and their best assets are their "motors." I think it would improve the team to move one of them out and bring in a player that is able to help us unlock defenses when teams park the bus or we are stagnant.

Is Sess a winger now or LB?

What is the likelihood that Clarke ever plays meaningful minutes for us?

Bergwijn is a good addition, although it is frustrating seeing him coming off the bench so often.

Lamela and Moura offer us nothing offensively, they are both terrible with the ball at their feet and their best assets are their "motors." I think it would improve the team to move one of them out and bring in a player that is able to help us unlock defenses when teams park the bus or we are stagnant.

Jeeesus... You see the absolute shit in EVERYTHING don't you?

Clarke & Sessengon are young and have time on their side. No crystal ball required.

Bergwijn did pretty well so far and will get more game time this coming year.... I'd ecpect him to rip the arse out of the EL even if he does start regularly in the EPL

We were talking about age... But no, Lucas & Lamela aren't "terrible with the ball at their feet" and both offer the kind of work-rate that the manager loves. Sure both will be moved on over the coming years, but you're acting like they're ready for their pensions.

We've been linked with Benhrama, Frasier & Willian (all of differing ages)... Chill.

Good point. Never thought of that.

Apparently we are giving Hojbjerg a signing on fee.

Odd move considering he's under contract at Saints until Jun '21... Maybe he had to lodge a transfer request and we're compensating him from our end for lost dosh.

If you pay a fee its normally less but every signing will get a signing on fee (most).

I had a uncle who played professional in the late 80s and he made more in signing on fees than wages.

As I understand it signing on fees are pretty common even during transfers and not just frees. But obviously not as big as they would be if he came on a free.

Neymar got a massive one from PSG if memory serves me right.

Back
Top Bottom