Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jeeesus... You see the absolute shit in EVERYTHING don't you?

Clarke & Sessengon are young and have time on their side. No crystal ball required.

Bergwijn did pretty well so far and will get more game time this coming year.... I'd ecpect him to rip the arse out of the EL even if he does start regularly in the EPL

We were talking about age... But no, Lucas & Lamela aren't "terrible with the ball at their feet" and both offer the kind of work-rate that the manager loves. Sure both will be moved on over the coming years, but you're acting like they're ready for their pensions.

We've been linked with Benhrama, Frasier & Willian (all of differing ages)... Chill.

Why is suggesting that it would be nice to have a creative winger/CAM off the bench seeing the negative in everything or needing to chill?

Clarke and Sess are unlikely to contribute to our team in the upcoming season, Lamela and Moura are not starting 11 quality and offer very little off the bench. I don't think it is out of line to suggest having a young, creative winger come in would be a good thing for the team.

I know it doesn't fit your everything is awesome narrative but talking about improving the squad is not out of line for a message board about Spurs.

As I understand it signing on fees are pretty common even during transfers and not just frees. But obviously not as big as they would be if he came on a free.

Neymar got a massive one from PSG if memory serves me right.

Helps dodge FFP-related wage constraints....

Why is suggesting that it would be nice to have a creative winger/CAM off the bench seeing the negative in everything or needing to chill?

Clarke and Sess are unlikely to contribute to our team in the upcoming season, Lamela and Moura are not starting 11 quality and offer very little off the bench. I don't think it is out of line to suggest having a young, creative winger come in would be a good thing for the team.

I know it doesn't fit your everything is awesome narrative but talking about improving the squad is not out of line for a message board about Spurs.
Finish him, mate!

You were going on about age.... Funny how you've now completely jettisoned that factor in order to critique ability.

Have you got A.D.D. or something?

We have young wingers on our books who presumably were bough to supplant the older guard in the coming years....

If we start next season with Son & Bergwijn supported by Lucas & Lamela (and Clarke & Sessengon out on loan) there's nothing their to stress about.

You were going on about age.... Funny how you've now completely jettisoned that factor in order to critique ability.

Have you got A.D.D. or something?

We have young wingers on our books who presumably were bough to supplant the older guard in the coming years....

If we start next season with Son & Bergwijn supported by Lucas & Lamela (and Clarke & Sessengon out on loan) there's nothing their to stress about.

Going on about? I mentioned it. Is this another one of your silly instances when you hyperfocus on one little thing ignoring the general point?

As for age yes I still think it is dumb to add a 30+ yer old winger, I think having Moura and Lamela 27 and 28 as the primary wingers off the bench when there are so many young wingers with creativity out there.

Using Clarke who has shown zero indication that he will ever be a premier league player and Sessegnon who is supposed to be a LB as evidence of why we are good in the future shows why we need young wingers in the squad

Going on about? I mentioned it. Is this another one of your silly instances when you hyperfocus on one little thing ignoring the general point?

(No need to get hung up on the expression "going on about".... it's not meant to inflame)

It was the point I responded to..... The same one you have avoided ever since (until now).... Presumably because I have successfully refuted it.

As for age yes I still think it is dumb to add a 30+ yer old winger, I think having Moura and Lamela 27 and 28 as the primary wingers off the bench when there are so many young wingers with creativity out there.

Using Clarke who has shown zero indication that he will ever be a premier league player and Sessegnon who is supposed to be a LB as evidence of why we are good in the future shows why we need young wingers in the squad

The point is not that we are good in the future... Like I said "no crystal ball required"; it's that we have 3 young wingers that may well develop into what we need for said future and that we still have 4 ready now...

If we end up upgrading on one this summer then I shan't complain, but there are more pressing issues than winger.... RB (hopefully x 2), replacement for Ndombele should he be off and it seems likely a CB... Back up ST too.

(No need to get hung up on the expression "going on about".... it's not meant to inflame)

It was the point I responded to..... The same one you have avoided ever since (until now).... Presumably because I have successfully refuted it.

The point is not that we are good in the future... Like I said "no crystal ball required"; it's that we have 3 young wingers that may well develop into what we need for said future and that we still have 4 ready now...

If we end up upgrading on one this summer then I shan't complain, but there are more pressing issues than winger.... RB (hopefully x 2), replacement for Ndombele should he be off and it seems likely a CB... Back up ST too.

LOL

“Successfully reputed it” that is funny that you think you came even close to doing that. You strange the Ed my point with your terrible examples.

We don’t have 3 you g wingers, Sessegnon is a LB. We have 1 young winger and 1 never will be anything.

Having a warm body that sucks (Jack Clarke) does nothing for us now or in the future.

LOL

“Successfully reputed it” that is funny that you think you came even close to doing that. You strange the Ed my point with your terrible examples.

Not sure what that is meant to mean....

We don’t have 3 you g wingers, Sessegnon is a LB. We have 1 young winger and 1 never will be anything.

Having a warm body that sucks (Jack Clarke) does nothing for us now or in the future.

Perhaps you can recommend a game that convincingly projects that Sessegnon's future is at LB..... ?

Clarke & Sess are both under 20...... Time is on their side.... Like i said to begin with.... Chill.

Not sure what that is meant to mean....

Perhaps you can recommend a game that convincingly projects that Sessegnon's future is at LB..... ?

Clarke & Sess are both under 20...... Time is on their side.... Like i said to begin with.... Chill.

It means when you post that our future at wing includes Jack Clarke and Sessegnon it shows why we need young wingers.

As for games at LB for Sessegnon I guess I would watch his time at Fulham. Until the club stops calling him a LB I am not sure it matters if you or I doubt that he ever plays there for us.

It means when you post that our future at wing includes Jack Clarke and Sessegnon it shows why we need young wingers.

Forgive me; what you wrote was a clusterfuck.. Presumably thanks to auto-spell......

Regardless; that's not what my post tries to claim; simply one can afford to chill and would be wiser to concern themselves with the here and now rather then a couple of teenagers who are 5th & 6th in the pecking order.

Even though I'd rather start Son and Stevie B on the flanks; the fact that Jose seems to prefer Lucas over Bergwijn in the immediate term negates your rather low opinion on Lucas.... And if you don't think he sees a similar up-side in Lamela then that's more on on you (rather than the current state of play) also.

As for games at LB for Sessegnon I guess I would watch his time at Fulham. Until the club stops calling him a LB I am not sure it matters if you or I doubt that he ever plays there for us.

I'm asking YOU to recommend me specific games seeing as YOU are the one refusing the notion of RS as LW...... I've seen him play for Fulham and when at LB he's not been at all convincing... Especially in the EPL.

His strengths are visibly in the final 3rd....

Jose seems to agree:

Forgive me; what you wrote was a clusterfuck.. Presumably thanks to auto-spell......

I assume so, I try not to post on my phone for that reason.

I'm asking YOU to recommend me specific games seeing as YOU are the one refusing the notion of RS as LW...... I've seen him play for Fulham and when at LB he's not been at all convincing... Especially in the EPL.

His strengths are visibly in the final 3rd....

I don't I think he is a winger, now and long term, but the club keeps talking about his potential as a LB. That said as a LW I don't see him having much future at the club as we are already strong enough at that position and if at his age and experience level he is struggling to get minutes as a winger then that doesn't say much about him as a player.

I don't I think he is a winger, now and long term, but the club keeps talking about his potential as a LB.

Who/when?

That said as a LW I don't see him having much future at the club as we are already strong enough at that position

If we are "strong enough" at LW then what on earth are you arguing about? LOL

.....Isn't this a massive contradiction of your broader desire for more wingers?

and if at his age and experience level he is struggling to get minutes as a winger then that doesn't say much about him as a player.

Ludicrous comment... The kid is 19..... Not 27.

...Just for clarity; coming full circle; I'm not saying he represents a golden future.... I'm saying he has time on his side, given whom we already have on our books. If you think the contrary and that don't the following affords him such time then lets call it quits cos your latest round of comments are contradictory as hell anyway.

EPL: Son/Bergwijn
Europa: Lamela/Lucas
Loan: Sess/Clarke

Who/when?

If we are "strong enough" at LW then what on earth are you arguing about? LOL

.....Isn't this a massive contradiction of your broader desire for more wingers?

Ludicrous comment... The kid is 19..... Not 27.

...Just for clarity; coming full circle; I'm not saying he represents a golden future.... I'm saying he has time on his side, given whom we already have on our books. If you think the contrary and that don't the following affords him such time then lets call it quits cos your latest round of comments are contradictory as hell anyway.

EPL: Son/Bergwijn
Europa: Lamela/Lucas
Loan: Sess/Clarke

No its not contradictory at all because Sessegnon is not good enough this year so he doesn't factor into our needs for this year.

Right now I want a player to replace Lamela and/or Moura who has creativity.

The fact that we are strong enough to keep a championship level player speaks to Sessegnon not to our current ability.

Yes he is 19, as are other players who have played in the EPL. He was also bought for 30 m, I doubt to spend the season sitting on the bench and by all accounts to be a LB not a LW.

Lamela/Lucas is a terrible 2nd unit, in terms of their age and lack of development, their style of play that provides zero offense and zero creativity and nothing to help us as subs off the bench. There is zero reason not to replace at least one of them with a young winger that can help us off the bench, potentially improve into a starter level and give the club some much needed energy not just complacent garbage we get from Lamela and Moura knowing they will be gifted minutes for doing nothing.

I always have a wry smile when I read how Spurs are supposedly planning for the future, buying players with potential, building the stepping stones to success, having a vision.

The only future Klopp, Guardiola, OGS and Lampard are planning for is September 12th 2020. That is the day 'potential' has to become reality, stepping stones need to be firmly laid and visions become turned into actual performances. Would be such a refreshing mind change to not talk about 'when things will happen' and instead concentrate on "making them happen" now.

Perhaps that's exactly what Jose is trying to do, we can at least give him that opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom