Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Guaranteed that if we'd been negotiating for Aarons and then gone and signed a right back from Greece for half the price the club would've been getting pelters from all angles.

Like how it was an outrage that we didn't sign anyone one summer, but barely an eyebrow raised when Liverpool did the same.

Guaranteed that if we'd been negotiating for Aarons and then gone and signed a right back from Greece for half the price the club would've been getting pelters from all angles.

Like how it was an outrage that we didn't sign anyone one summer, but barely an eyebrow raised when Liverpool did the same.

They seem to have a manager and setup where players go there and actually improve. Hopefully we can get to that level one day.
:levylol:

Liverpool came off the back of winning the CL and finishing a point off the title

We signed no one off the back of winning fuck all as usual

Not really a fair comparison

Liverpool came off the back of winning the CL and finishing a point off the title

We signed no one off the back of winning fuck all as usual

Not really a fair comparison
The two situations aren't identical I'll give you that, but I don't think it's an unfair comparison, mainly in terms of fan reactions. Liverpool are here being praised for swiftly moving targets and getting a signing done, whereas the spin on it if we'd done the same would be tight fisted chairman not backing the manager.

Don't get me wrong, I find our transfer sagas frustrating as fuck, but it's only with hindsight that we can look back and say Liverpool have done good business, it could all have ended up very Spursy.

Back
Top Bottom