Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting as Liverpool have apparently been very hot on data analytics and supposedly evaluate players based on fitness and likelihood of injuries. They've had a remarkable run with their key players who always seem to stay fit and play virtually every game. It seems like Thiago wouldn't fit their model but his quality is worth overriding it.
Kieta, their last big signing (?) has been injured loads

Kieta, their last big signing (?) has been injured loads

Suppose the analytics aren't perfect. I wish a few of their other big signings were injured a bit VVD seems to play every minute of every game. Salah, Mane, Firminho plus the full-backs are pretty much ever present seemingly.
Thiago is quality though for the fee they have paid it's a great signing, would love him at Spurs.

Suppose the analytics aren't perfect. I wish a few of their other big signings were injured a bit VVD seems to play every minute of every game. Salah, Mane, Firminho plus the full-backs are pretty much ever present seemingly.
Thiago is quality though for the fee they have paid it's a great signing, would love him at Spurs.
Great signing, 30 going into last year and refusing to sign another and only wanted to go Liverpool. That's driven the fee, its not normal market price

Great signing, 30 going into last year and refusing to sign another and only wanted to go Liverpool. That's driven the fee, its not normal market price

They tried to sell him elsewhere for more by the looks of it... I sense it was as much about fancying a crack at working with Klopp as it was Liverpool.

Fabinho
Henderson - Thiago
In my opinion.

Very envious of this signing - he's been the best central midfielder in world football for a few years now. Here's hoping for whatever strange reason, he doesnt quite adapt.
Feels like Liverpool enjoyed the luxury of being his only desired destination with that one - a bit like a high-rent Højbjerg with us I suppose. Shocking otherwise that nobody else would come in for him for a sub-£30m price tag. Considering the timing of the Brewster sale and this purchase, it does back up the narrative of Liverpool being skint.

Hell, he'd have been pretty useful in our midfield.
:mourglasses:

Feels like Liverpool enjoyed the luxury of being his only desired destination with that one - a bit like a high-rent Højbjerg with us I suppose. Shocking otherwise that nobody else would come in for him for a sub-£30m price tag. Considering the timing of the Brewster sale and this purchase, it does back up the narrative of Liverpool being skint.

Hell, he'd have been pretty useful in our midfield.
:mourglasses:
I think he's been pretty clear he wanted to play at Liverpool - it was always the fee/age/wages factor holding things up.

Yeah is it just me or does Liverpool have the worst second XI in the Big Six by a mile?

Adrian
Milner? Matip Phillips Tsimikas
Keita Fabinho Oxlade-Chamberlain
Minamino Origi Shaquiri

Midfield is loaded but the rest of that, :pochunimpressed:

Yeah is it just me or does Liverpool have the worst second XI in the Big Six by a mile?

Adrian
Milner? Matip Phillips Tsimikas
Keita Fabinho Oxlade-Chamberlain
Minamino Origi Shaquiri

Midfield is loaded but the rest of that, :pochunimpressed:
I'm incredibly loathe to slag off Liverpool after some of the critiques we'd have had this time last season.
:mourweird:

The cunts seem to be immune to major injuries to key players. Would love to be proven wrong this year but won't hold my breath.

Last edited:
Leicester are close to signing Turkish winger Cengiz Under from Roma on loan, with an obligation to make the deal permanent at the end of the season, according to Sky in Italy. The Foxes will pay a loan fee of £2.7m for Under and commit to signing him permanently for £21.9m at the end of the season.
Not a bad player, but injury prone. Didn't play half of last season, and played very little even when he was able. Season before that wasn't any better IIRC.

He is not on the ACL list, but Roma have around 15 ACL injuries in last 5-6 years. Last example is Zaniolo, who teared both of them. They might have problems with injuries in general.

Last edited:
Interesting as Liverpool have apparently been very hot on data analytics and supposedly evaluate players based on fitness and likelihood of injuries. They've had a remarkable run with their key players who always seem to stay fit and play virtually every game. It seems like Thiago wouldn't fit their model but his quality is worth overriding it.
You would think they would spot all those asthmatics before they got to the club

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom