Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool defender Ki-Jana Hoever Is in talks to join Wolves after a deal of at least £10m was agreed between the two clubs.

18 yeard old Dutch defender (right-back, can play at centre-back as well) apparently.

Diogo Jota is a Mendes player.
Hardly surprising given he's at Wolves, but this may have an impact on who else moves in & out of Wolverhampton now they don't have European football.
Coach Nuno would presumably be furious if they lost both Raul Jimenez & Jota in the same window, but RJ is the more important player for Wolves. So maybe RJ stays now.

Gestifute - Player agency - Player Agents

Diogo Jota is a Mendes player.
Hardly surprising given he's at Wolves, but this may have an impact on who else moves in & out of Wolverhampton now they don't have European football.
Coach Nuno would presumably be furious if they lost both Raul Jimenez & Jota in the same window, but RJ is the more important player for Wolves. So maybe RJ stays now.

Gestifute - Player agency - Player Agents
25m+Hoever... that's ridiculous.

What are Wolves' owners doing? Giving away Doherty, Jota for relatively nothing and signing the Mendes kid for 35m...

What are Wolves' owners doing?

Mendes looks like he's in charge of their recruitment. He's using them as a stop gap to get his players premier league experience and then sell them on again, in short order, to pocket a fee.

I presume the young striker they've picked up is Mendes' player?

Edit: Just checked, not his direct agent, but still looks like he's connected to Mendes' company somehow. Really wouldn't be surprised if Wolves are under investigation within a couple of years for breeching transfer rules.

25m+Hoever... that's ridiculous.

What are Wolves' owners doing? Giving away Doherty, Jota for relatively nothing and signing the Mendes kid for 35m...
Coach Nuno is also a Mendes client, so it does raise questions about the entire financial and ethical structure of the club.
I think the Doherty fee was actually quite good for Wolves. He'll have little or no resale value for us, and I'm sure we're paying him a bigger salary than them. So Wolves can say they rewarded the loyalty of a senior player with a last move after they were knocked out of Europe. And I suspect they'll get some young Mendes client as their new up & coming RB.

As for Jota, I'm not sure how highly Nuno rates him. I remember seeing Nuno pulling faces on the touchline as Jota missed chance after chance last season. If Mendes told him either one of Jota or RJ has to be sold, then Nuno would probably dump Jota. And £35million Fabio Silva has to play, so Jota might have been starved out.
I saw Ki-Jana Hoever play a cup game for the scousers and his composure under pressure was unreal. He was a lightweight kid physically though, so he'll take time to develop. But he could prove very good for Wolves.

Mendes looks like he's in charge of their recruitment. He's using them as a stop gap to get his players premier league experience and then sell them on again, in short order, to pocket a fee.

Edit: Just checked, not his direct agent, but still looks like he's connected to Mendes' company somehow. Really wouldn't be surprised if Wolves are under investigation within a couple of years for breeching transfer rules.

Hopefully, an absolute cheating cunt of a club.

Yeah GestiFute is Mendes' agency, direct client.

Shame though, loved Jota in 18 19

That's at least £10-15m less than it should be for a 23 year old with his xG+A.

Seems like Liverpool is already setting up transition plans for Sadio Mane/Firmino.

Also if anyone can tell me what the hell Wolves are doing this window besides getting bullied by bigger clubs to sell assets at below market value while overpaying for Mendes clients, I'd like to know.

They are acting like a club content to be in the mix for that final European spot as their ceiling.

Also if anyone can tell me what the hell Wolves are doing this window besides getting bullied by bigger clubs to sell assets at below market value while overpaying for Mendes clients, I'd like to know.

They are acting like a club content to be in the mix for that final European spot as their ceiling.
It's the Mendes merry-go-round. It's how we get Doherty and Dias for 50m combined... By donating 50m for Gedson, the Portuguese Chalobah next year

Back
Top Bottom