Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was. Transfermarkt says that he has a contract with Dalian until December. But Football Italia says that he has broken the contract.

It is supposed to be a short term deal to the Euros so he can build fitness and get some playing time.

Easily the biggest foreign player name to come into the league since Litmanen if it happens.
Yeah great player @ Napoli, thought he left to early of should of come to prem before going China

That's some signing. I remember Gothenburg being very good in the 80's, they beat some top teams in the European cup and UEFA Cup.

Last edited:
The commentators kept referencing Crystal Palace's rebuild for the summer, so I had a look at the expiring contracts.

Z5e1Zgc.png

Fuck me, that's a lot of their starting eleven. Not much of interest for us, but a lot of average PL players that I imagine will get snapped up.

The commentators kept referencing Crystal Palace's rebuild for the summer, so I had a look at the expiring contracts.

Z5e1Zgc.png

Fuck me, that's a lot of their starting eleven. Not much of interest for us, but a lot of average PL players that I imagine will get snapped up.
Maybe Andros just to boost the homegrown numbers (club trained as well) if one of Bergwijn or Lucas goes. But we could also get someone younger and hungrier than him I'd think.

Z5e1Zgc.png

Connor Wickham is only 27???

How Fergie did rebuilds.

This is what frustrates me when the media with hindsight say Gazza would of been better off if he’d of signed for Man U under Ferguson than us. He got rid of whiteside and McGrath because of their alcoholism. Gazza would of probably struggled even more mentally under Ferguson than he did with us and on leaving. Ferguson’s approach back then to people struggling with their demons would today be ground upon. Gazza needing nurturing and back then a enables was the right man for the job.

This is what frustrates me when the media with hindsight say Gazza would of been better off if he’d of signed for Man U under Ferguson than us. He got rid of whiteside and McGrath because of their alcoholism. Gazza would of probably struggled even more mentally under Ferguson than he did with us and on leaving. Ferguson’s approach back then to people struggling with their demons would today be ground upon. Gazza needing nurturing and back then a enables was the right man for the job.
I don't think Gazza's issues with alcohol were that much of a factor in 88 when he signed for us. He was just a bit of a loon and i think Fergie could have handled that aspect of his personality. For a short while anyway. In the same way he tolerated Cantona's spiky personality.

I don't doubt Venables indulged Gazza more than Fergie would have though so it was probably the right move for him. Certainly the right move for us. The year he had playing with Waddle was great fun, just a shame we had to sell Waddle a year later or we could have done something with that team

(Only thread I can think of to post this)

Obviously there's more media stories today how Erling Haaland today, this one being his Dad and his agent seemingly meeting with Real & Barca.

Honestly I seriously feel for Dortmund as a club right now, they're in pretty much the exact same position as ourselves with Kane and historically with our players, the media are acting like no great player should ever play for anyone outside of their favorites, especially Real & Barca, but also the Sky 4 over here.

Dortmund have basically nurtured Haaland and gave him the chance to be the breakout star he is yet the world's football media have seemingly a complete desperation to unsettle him and move him out of there, giving yet another advantage to the same old clubs.

I honestly believe football as a sport will eventually stagnate around the world as people will get sick of the same old clubs being given all the advantages all the time.

Back
Top Bottom