Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice Matin are reporting that OGC Nice are looking to replace outgoing sporting director Julien Fournier with Michael Edwards, who is approaching the end of his contract at Liverpool.

According to Nice Matin, the Englishman “meets many criteria” for the Riviera club. It is expected that Fournier will depart Nice this summer due to his poor relationship with manager Christophe Galtier.

Edwards initially joined Liverpool in 2011 and has overseen the club’s Champions League victory in 2019 and their Premier League title in 2020.

Deal was done a few months ago I thought

Maybe in principal, but the EPL's domestic window doesn't open til 10/06/22.

When does the summer transfer window open?

"The transfer window opens for Premier League clubs on Friday June 10, though international deals, such as Haaland to City, will go through from July 1.

Across Europe, the transfer window for Ligue 1 clubs will also open on June 10, but in Spain, Germany and Italy, July 1 is the key date as clubs eye up their summer targets."

When does the summer transfer window close?

Save the date - September 1 will be transfer deadline day at the end of the summer window.

Premier League clubs will have until 11pm BST, while Italy and Germany have a 5pm local time deadline. Spain’s transfer window comes to an end at 10:59pm, an hour earlier than in France.

Journalist Fabrice Hawkins reports tnoight that Monaco are thinking about going for Brighton’s Yves Bissouma as a potential replacement for the outgoing Aurélien Tchouaméni.

The French international midfielder is on the verge of completing a move to Real Madrid, although talks are stalling right now over the 22-year-old’s transfer fee.

Once the former Bordeaux man’s move is completed, Bissouma could be in line for a return to Ligue 1 after playing at Lille for two years.

However, the principality side will face competition, given that the midfielder has several offers, with Aston Villa notably on the case.

Still think we should have gone for Kamara. He would have surely opted for us over Aston Villa. Good player with the potential to be great, and wouldn't have cost a thing other than his wages. We need to strengthen in the middle of the park and the free signings of him and Eriksen would have done exactly that, leaving money for a Lloris replacement, a wing-back and another striker.

Normally I don't fall for these click-baits - and not twice... but this time I did :cool: The "phenomenal" got me again 😁
What would the headlines then be in case Spurs signed, say, Bastoni or Nkunku?

Alasdair Gold suggests Tottenham will announce 'phenomenal' new signing as early as tomorrow

Other teams are signing well. Kamara and Diego Carlos are wonderful signings for Villa. They'll have a really good 11 on paper, it's just if Gerrard can get the most out of them. Also really like Aaronson who Leeds have just signed and would have loved for us to sign in. He needs to prove himself in a much tougher league of course. But he's got bundles of energy and isn't without ability either. I think he's made for the Premier League.

Villa's potential 11:

Martinez

Cash
Diego Carlos
Mings
Digne

Kamara
McGinn
Ramsey

Coutinho
Buendia
Watkins

I quite like Ollie Watkins, but if they replace him with a prolific striker (it hasn't really worked out for Ings) they could go on to have a very decent season.

Not sold on Diego Carlos, seems to have a lot of mistakes in him IMO.
Only one who looks decent from them is Kounde.

Back
Top Bottom