Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What exactly is it you think they should be clamping down on??
technically, contacting players or club regarding trasfers should not be done outside of transfer windows. Because of things like destabilising teams, tapping etc and I guess other concerns.

Nowadays it's pretty clear tapping up practically doesn't exist as a rule. Last time I saw a club get in trouble for that shit was Liverpool with Van Dijk.

technically, contacting players or club regarding trasfers should not be done outside of transfer windows. Because of things like destabilising teams, tapping etc and I guess other concerns.

Nowadays it's pretty clear tapping up practically doesn't exist as a rule. Last time I saw a club get in trouble for that shit was Liverpool with Van Dijk.
It sounds like you're conflating tapping up with agreeing deals outside of the window...

Tapping up is still against the rules but you're right, the waters have been muddied by things like agents, clubs agreeing to allow players to talk to other clubs prior to a fee having been agreed, and just generally there being more details of transfer activity out in the media than there used to be.

Agreeing deals outside of the transfer window is not and never has been against any rules though, we did it with Modric way back for example, so it is not just a recent thing.

What can the league crack down on? Transfer windows are for registering players you can buy them whenever as long as you approach the selling club first. Out of contract players can talk and sign before the window too.

Caveat to that is that virtually all contracts won't have ended until 30/06/22.

'It's time to say goodbye'... then hello again! Elche player suffers awkward moment as he says farewell to fans on Instagram while preparing to leave on a free transfer - only for his contract to then be renewed automatically​

• Pere Milla believed that he was out of contract with the Spanish club this window
  • Elche avoiding relegation meant an automatic contract renewal for the star
  • The Catalan was crucial to Elche staying in the Spanish top flight
By JULIAN BOVILL FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 12:50 BST, 31 May 2022 | UPDATED: 13:11 BST, 31 May 2022

Elche CF forward Pere Milla has been dealt a surprise after it emerged his contract had been automatically renewed following Elche's LaLiga survival.

Milla was crucial in Elche's successful attempt to stay in LaLiga, scoring eight goals and registering three assists.

Revealing his hand and expressing that he was to leave the club this summer on what he thought would be a free transfer through an emotional statement posted to social media, it has now transpired that the club believe their survival triggered an extension clause in the player's deal.

Milla's statement, which came days after he reportedly pledged to stay with Elche, expressed sorrow at having made the decision to depart the club after three 'wonderful' years.

It read: 'Unfortunately, I'm sorry to write these lines, but it's time to do it. At the moment it's time to say goodbye to what is my home.
'I arrived in June 2019 and after completing three exciting seasons, I can only thank Nico Rodríguez and Dani Carmona for opening the doors of Elche CF for me. I was absolutely right to trust you for this project.

'It's been three marvellous years but also with very hard moments.'

The forward went on to say that he is departing the club with a 'clear conscience' having 'given everything with the green stripe'.

Milla went on to deny allegations that he is departing the club for 'economic reasons', saying: 'Money is important, but values and forms for me are more. Hopefully we can sit back and listen to each other again.'

However, Milla's departure has been thrown into fresh doubt after owner Christian Bragarnik said that the club believed Elche's LaLiga survival meant a year-long extension of the forward's deal.
Bragarnik, who considers Milla a key cog in the Elche wheel, said: 'I understand that they want to defend their interests, but I have to defend those of the club. For me, the contract is very clear.'

In an exciting finish to the LaLiga season, Elche lost three of their last four league games to put them in serious danger of going down.

However, other results meant that they avoided the chaos of the final day of the LaLiga season when four teams were separated by merely a point, with Grenada eventually facing the drop.

Back
Top Bottom