Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair point, easy to forget those fuckers have infinite money and all the players who don't play a lot.

And an unknown - for me at least - is how close to being first team ready their youth players are. I presume they got a few lined up, considering how those fuckers, as you say correctly, stacked up youth signings.

Ndombele?!?!

:tanguyhuh:

English isn't my first language and commas work slightly different in my language. I probably shouldn't have had a comma in there. The operative word, as far as my meaning goes, was AND.

"No one comes even close to have failed so miserable for us, AND me still having a bit of a soft spot for the lad"

Ie. I still kind of hope Janssen finds success, whereever he goes. I couldn't care less, where Ndombele goes and how he does there.

English isn't my first language and commas work slightly different in my language. I probably shouldn't have had a comma in there. The operative word, as far as my meaning goes, was AND.

"No one comes even close to have failed so miserable for us, AND me still having a bit of a soft spot for the lad"

Ie. I still kind of hope Janssen finds success, whereever he goes. I couldn't care less, where Ndombele goes and how he does there.

I still think he was harshly treated by Poch and then the fanbase. He was never really given a chance.

I still think he was harshly treated by Poch and then the fanbase. He was never really given a chance.
Yeah I kind of agree, strikers generally thrive on goals, and going to a new team, new league, new country it was always going to be important for him to get that monkey off his back ASAP.

Choosing early doors not to keep playing him through the rough patch essentially took his career here away at the knees, and then to double down and not keep him in and around the side when he finally did bag an open play goal just doubled down on that.

You only have to look at Son for an example of how a young player in a new league can take a while to settle, just seemed like Poch made up his mind early on and wasn't inclined to take a chance and be proven wrong.

TBF he hasn't done anything remarkable anywhere since leaving us, but that leads to the question, was he just never much cop, or did we ruin him?

If Soton starts leaking in a lot of goals it's easy to guess who'll be blamed for the ketchup effect ... :cool:
PS! Armel Bella-Kotchap is seen as a very "talented" CB so this could be a very good deal by Soton

Back
Top Bottom