Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Salah could be huge for sure. Thought he looked really sharp in the community shield game. He seemed to fall off a cliff last season due to AFCON/contract negotiations but if he can avoid those distractions for a whole season then absolutely that could be the difference.

Mahrez & Haaland were the two that jumped to mind.

I expect them to still sign a LB. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they just ended up paying up for Cucurella now Chelsea have muscled in ..

Yep. Totally..... Player was saying "only City" to begin with to so likely an easy decision on his part.

I think it gets done... But if not him, then def. someone else to add depth at WB.

but I do agree they're definitely looking lighter in terms of wide forward options than they have for a while.

Once they re-shuffle out of a false 9 situ and put more focus on CF (also 4231 rather than 433?), they still have:

Grealish
Mahrez
Silva
Foden.

That policy has to change somewhat eventually .. surely? Going in to the season with their current options at LB would be dodgy .. I know they did it with only Jesus at CF but Pep's system works extremely well with false 9's so it wasn't a huge issue.
Yeah no CF was not an issue as so many of their wide forwards could play false 9.
Liverpool now have a stronger squad which is the opposite of situation 2 years ago.

Yep. Totally..... Player was saying "only City" to begin with to so likely an easy decision on his part.

I think it gets done... But if not him, then def. someone else to add depth at WB.

Once they re-shuffle out of a false 9 situ and put more focus on CF (also 4231 rather than 433?), they still have:

Grealish
Mahrez
Silva
Foden.

I still think they're lacking a bit of variety in those wide options .. they'll miss the pace and 1v1 ability of Sterling in tight areas, and his exceptional off the ball work. Someone like Grealish doesn't come close to Sterling in that regard.

I still think they're lacking a bit of variety in those wide options .. they'll miss the pace and 1v1 ability of Sterling in tight areas, and his exceptional off the ball work. Someone like Grealish doesn't come close to Sterling in that regard.
Grealish and Foden are both world class midfielders... but are they elite wide forwards given lack of pace/finishing such as Salah/Son?

But Haaland at CF, a great athlete and goal machine, means they have the best XI in the world right now. Squad depth issue as we just discussed.

What the fuck? More than 50M for a Chillwell backup, and they have the cheek to talk about our Richarlison transfer...

Hate that Chelsea have signed him but I tell you what it serves those fuckers City right after al the shenanigans they've pulled all Summer on this deal, wankers deserve all they get.

What the fuck? More than 50M for a Chillwell backup, and they have the cheek to talk about our Richarlison transfer...

Tuchel has played James on the left of a back three plenty of times, for some reason, so you might see both in the same side. He might well end up in midfield.

Unless something dramatic happens late in the window I can see Leicester having a really poor season. They've not brought anyone in, are likely to lose Fofana along with their keeper, and perhaps Maddison too. You would think unless Vardy stays fit and has a magical season they're fucked the way things are looking.

Chelsea were supposed to be going downhill. If anything, they are spending more than under Abramovich. Utterly ridiculous. How the fuck do this club continuously get in shit and come out smelling of roses? We got no chance of catching that top 3

Chelsea were supposed to be going downhill. If anything, they are spending more than under Abramovich. Utterly ridiculous. How the fuck do this club continuously get in shit and come out smelling of roses? We got no chance of catching that top 3
We could probably still finish top 3, but the news of their was demise was greatly exaggerated.

This theory that Chelsea were done with spending big money turns out to be a load of rubbish

Can't say I'm shocked

Almost certainly not done yet either, some very strong links to a few others, none of which are cheap at all.

Boehly started off slow and took a hit with Barca sniping players but its quickly turning in to a very good window for them.

Almost certainly not done yet either, some very strong links to a few others, none of which are cheap at all.

Boehly started off slow and took a hit with Barca sniping players but its quickly turning in to a very good window for them.
Yeah, they'll be good competition for us, probably top 4 again. It often gets overlooked that last season the Lukaku saga completely the poisoned the atmosphere in the club, and Chilwell and Reece James missed a LOT of games.

With Sterling, Koulibaly, Gallagher, Cucurella, they're not much worse than last season.

Yeah, they'll be good competition for us, probably top 4 again. It often gets overlooked that last season the Lukaku saga completely the poisoned the atmosphere in the club, and Chilwell and Reece James missed a LOT of games.

With Sterling, Koulibaly, Gallagher, Cucurella, they're not much worse than last season.

I honestly think they're better. But I rate Sterling much more highly than many on here (I expect him to be their star attacker) and think most of those leaving won't have much of an impact other than Rudiger, who they seem to be replacing adequately anyway.

They'll start slow because their business has been done late, but I expect them to finish third when they get in to their stride.

Barca mouthpiece Gerard Romero is now claiming that Cucurella's agents are in Barcelona.

As funny as this is they can't keep getting away with this.

Back
Top Bottom