Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Barca has spent the summer signing free transfers from the chavs and stealing their top transfer targets.

Barca are in a deep financial hole and mortgaging their future so they can register players.

The chavs are now going to bail them out, by paying 30 million for an ageing Aubamayeng and potentially more than twice that for de Jong. Plus insane salaries.

This is loco crazy all around.

I’ll be surprised if he looks as lively in the PL as he did amongst La Liga’s geriatrics.
To be fair, I don't watch La Liga that much (only the big games) so I only go based on his UCL Performances. He didn't look out of place at all in RM campaign last year, contrary to Kroos who I thought was done at the high level based on those performances.

Last edited:
I’ll be surprised if he looks as lively in the PL as he did amongst La Liga’s geriatrics.
I assume Ancelotti, who knows a thing or two about midfield players, has decided Camavinga can step into Casemiro's role, and Tchouaméni can get playing time learning from Modric, Kroos and Valverde.

Which of those players were just bought for 60m+ and 4-5 year contract at 350K+/week.

He will earn his paycheck for a year or two. Then they won’t be able to get rid of him.

It’s not a bad signing because no one want to join them at the moment, but it is a very short term signing and they definitely aren’t set up to compete this season and possibly next. After that, they’ll be paying a lot of wages for a player that might not be helping them.

Which of those players were just bought for 60m+ and 4-5 year contract at 350K+/week.

He will earn his paycheck for a year or two. Then they won’t be able to get rid of him.

It’s not a bad signing because no one want to join them at the moment, but it is a very short term signing and they definitely aren’t set up to compete this season and possibly next. After that, they’ll be paying a lot of wages for a player that might not be helping them.
I agree.

Also, Casemiro will presumably play as the DM in a midfield 3, potentially with two of Bruno F, Eriksen & van de Beek.

If ETH remains committed to an Ajax system, it's hard to see him picking the likes of Fred or McTominay ahead of a more creative & technically gifted player for those remaining spots. So now, they'll presumably need to offload one or both of McFred, and will encounter the "big salary, ordinary player" problem.

One last thought. Given most of the PL will be targeting undersized CB Lisandro Martinez, some were suggesting he might be moved to DM. Casemiro's signing would likely end that possibility. So it's LB or bust for Lisandro, and the problem at LB is that he's slow.

As Rio Ferdinand notoriously opined, when bigging up the signing of Lisandro:

"If you're going to ask is there any question marks about him, I think it would be his height and his pace would be the only two,' Ferdinand added.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...es-excitement-incoming-Lisandro-Martinez.html

Back
Top Bottom