Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Key word bolded, I don't think we've been in the kind of position where it would've been wise for us since we peaked under Poch and then shat the bed by doing absolutely nothing for 18 months...

Recent years we've simply had too many cracks to be papered over by just one big signing, it's difficult to look at our squad now and find an area that doesn't need major attention!

It's just infuriating tbh, we never once were in the hunt for a truly big money playe when we so clearly should have been and now we're back to papering over all the smaller cracks that have appeared over time.

He was one of the most converted midfielders in the Premier League two or three seasons ago. He's not somebody you would want with you in the trenches but in a good team he's a fantastic footballer. Loves a goal from 30 yards too.

Villa have some central midfield now. Tielemans, Ramsey, McGinn, Kamara and Douglas Luiz. Fair fucks to them.

Meanwhile we've got Hojboggle pointing and shouting.

7 years no CL football and the first season they get it back these cunts can drop 100m on a world class player with no issues while we were getting constant (if not consistent) CL football and we didn't dream of ever going that big and being ambitious.

Ndombele was the peak of our high spending and when he flopped we dare not ever try spending as much again.
They were spending truckloads of money even without European football. Their ownership has been more ambitious than ours for a long time now.

Baffles me how Kai Havertz keeps getting linked to Real Madrid. I get that Chelsea don't do him any favours a lot of the time by playing him as some sort of hybrid striker. But I've never seen anything in his game that made me think he will one day be a fantastic player. I'm not even sure what his biggest strength is.

The Kroenke’s teams have taken every major championship in the US over the last two years. Denver Nuggets just won the NBA finals.

Woolwich is their only losing team.
Post Wenger they've really helped cover the gaps financially when CL money and pull dried up, now they're making money available truly befitting of a CL club. Contrast to Bozo Levy and the idiots we've got at the top, when we do well there's no money and when we don't do well there's no money because we didn't do well.

Post Wenger they've really helped cover the gaps financially when CL money and pull dried up, now they're making money available truly befitting of a CL club. Contrast to Bozo Levy and the idiots we've got at the top, when we do well there's no money and when we don't do well there's no money because we didn't do well.

We've spent largely the same amount of money (net) as them since our new stadium opened.

Our spending dropped whilst building our new stadium; all the while having a cracking team.
vs
They built a new stadium and sold all their star players to Man City, Chavs, Man U & Barca.

If it wasn't for this season, the vast majority of the scum's fans would still utterly despise Kronke.

(It's a bit like WH; a couple of decent seasons - by their shabby standards - and suddenly the Olympics Stadium isn't an issue and their owners aren't considered scum of the earth.)

Giving the scum's owners the proverbial revisionist hand-job is one grimey fucking look!

Last edited:
I’d have hoped the sucking of Gooner cock would have stopped on here when they bottled the league. But they appear to still be just wonderful to some posters.

I doubt their forum was as full of praise for us when we finished above them loads of times.

Some of you lot will bite the pillow for just anyone won’t you?

I’d have hoped the sucking of Gooner cock would have stopped on here when they bottled the league. But they appear to still be just wonderful to some posters.

I doubt their forum was as full of praise for us when we finished above them loads of times.

Some of you lot will bite the pillow for just anyone won’t you?
God forbid someone mention how their owners are more ambitious than our lot.

If you don't want hear about other teams being more effective than us then it's probably a good idea to avoid threads that discuss other teams and their transfers.

We've spent largely the same amount of money (net) as them since our new stadium opened.

Our spending dropped whilst building our new stadium.
vs
They built a new stadium and sold all their star players to Man City, Chavs, Man U & Barca.

If it wasn't for this season, the vast majority of the scum's fans would still utterly despise Kronke.

(It's a bit like WH; a couple of decent seasons - by their shabby standards - and suddenly the Olympics Stadium isn't an issue and their owners aren't considered scum of the earth.)

Giving the scum's owners the proverbial revisionist hand-job is one grimey fucking look!

I'd have the Cronkites of Bill Lewis any day.

Why?

(Additional: Remember why he was known as Silent Stan? Cos they said he never attended, never communicated and never gave a fuck.)

He's got his son as the face of the empire now, giving interviews etc.

I personally think if Levy got replaced with someone else it would help the situation as dumb as it may sound. The last couple of years his (Levy) name has become synonymous with anything negative happening at the club.

He's got his son as the face of the empire now, giving interviews etc.

So recently installing a patsy is all it takes to elevate him into being a superior option (despite the factors already listed above)?

(Notably until this season's relative success the goons all regarded Josh as nothing more than a stooge.)

I personally think if Levy got replaced with someone else it would help the situation as dumb as it may sound. The last couple of years his (Levy) name has become synonymous with anything negative happening at the club.

It has indeed; if it hadn't been already for some time...... Perhaps Munn will in some way somewhat remedy what concerns you here? ......TBC.

Personally; I'm more concerned with the fundamentals i.e. operations (something that currently deserves every bit of scrutiny it is receiving)...... Image/optics is not high on my agenda...... Certainly not in an industry so superficial the point that all can be overlooked so long as you buy lots of shiny things or have a fleeting modicum of relative success (be that the fickle pendulum of opinon regarding Kronke/GSB or even more grimey ownerships such as the numerous petro-murder-ball contingent who in varying capacities actually have blood on their hands!).

Back
Top Bottom