Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So glad we are to the part of the transfer window where a bunch of idiots predict doom and gloom just because other teams sign players and we haven’t yet. We wouldn’t even have bought Fabinho (who isn’t world class or even an upgrade on who they had).

Looks like Liverpool are giving their midfield an overhaul with some rough bastards who are likely to kick the shit out of teams. Something they've needed for quite a while. Considering they had nice guys Milner, Henderson and Chamberlain in midfield last year.
Yeah, I think their defense gets a lot of flack, but much of the failings of their center backs is directly because they haven't had a midfielder who can tackle in years. No protection.

They're coming for us.

9eLwQ.gif

City agree fee with Jorginho and Mahrez likely to be completed within days.

Great.
They're also reported to be interested in De Ligt, aren't they? If so, and if we do have an Alderweireld-shaped space to fill, how about Sevilla's Lenglet? I haven't watched a huge amount, but he was outstanding against United and he's only 22.

They're also reported to be interested in De Ligt, aren't they? If so, and if we do have an Alderweireld-shaped space to fill, how about Sevilla's Lenglet? I haven't watched a huge amount, but he was outstanding against United and he's only 22.

Lenglet is strongly linked to Barca...

Not so much club as player related little tidbit here that I found funny.

Swedish first team keeper Robin Olsen and Center Back Pontus Jansson (currently in Leeds) are both looking to make moves to the prem this window after the world cup (Olsen has an agreement with Kopenhagen that he gets to go). When asked by a Swedish newspaper if the two best friends wanted to end up at the same club Jansson answered with the following line: "Oh no. We would end up killing each other! We're too similar. Having the two of us hang out together each day would be chaos for everyone involved". True friendship right there.

Whichever club picks up either of these guys will be making good signings. Jansson is easily a PL level defender and Olsen is a top notch keeper. I think Olsen has been linked with Palace and Jansson with Southampton and Burnley.

Jakob Johansson, the bane of Italy has found a new club. The Swedish midfielder scored the goal that took Sweden to the world cup last November. But in a cruel twist of fate injured his knee in the return fixture. He now makes the move to the French league and fifth place Stade Rennais

Back
Top Bottom