Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Rooney to DC transfer is really generating a lot of hype here.

'Is he related to Mickey?': DC sports fans struggle to identify Wayne Rooney
This the photo he was showing them?
shrek-feature.jpg

Stop anyone else having him.

I could understand peeps being irked if they wanted us to get him but otherwise, meh. Not fussed. They can only field 11 at a time and it's one less proven top 4 quality player likely to pop up at the Chavs, Goons or Dippers.

Insane money for a 33yo.
Firmly puts Juve in the frame for a UCL title.

I must admit that he surprised me. It is a very different purchase from the usual Juventus policy. Higuain at 28 was bought for € 90 million (€ 7.5 million each year) but at the same time Pogba was sold for € 105 million (€ 0). Cristiano Ronaldo I think it is a sporting and commercial operation. It's a money factory: they want to enhance the Juventus brand in the world.

In addition we speak of a very serious player who holds the body as a sanctuary. His 33 years are 3/4 less.

However, we Juventus fans are surprised. We know that it is 33 years old but there is a climate of euphoria. If you buy CR7 you do not win the CL automatically but increase the chances of raising

Happy?

What's the word in Italy? You would think a deal as big as this would've been rumoured for far longer than it has been.

Was anybody else in for him?
Felicità, this is the word.
There is great euphoria, surprise. The idea that we all have is that FCA wants to tie the FCA or Ferrari brand to him: a gigantic commercial operation. Juventus never do PSG-like operations without immediate gain. Now I think we will sell Higuain (€ 60 million) perhaps to Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom