Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can see why all of Germany hate them.

I've been engrossed with the Bundesliga since its been on and they don't seem like a likeable team. Part of it is to do with the number of fouls they give away. I don't like them as a club.

I copped a nasty stench from them during our CL ties against them tbf.

They're just this season's Ajax... Except Ajax are a proper club.

reachingforthestars reachingforthestars
bus-conductor bus-conductor

Paul Mitchell on the prowl for Disasi. And Southampton doubtful they can get a work permit for Salisu.

Mitchell needs to shift a few first I would have thought.

I can see why all of Germany hate them.

I've been engrossed with the Bundesliga since its been on and they don't seem like a likeable team. Part of it is to do with the number of fouls they give away. I don't like them as a club.

It's mostly just fan snobbery though, much like the hate for any new "money" clubs here. I quite like them as a group, like the way they go about things, clever recruitment, good coaching - it's not like they have gone about it like some Oligarch club, swinging big money around and buying statement players.

I copped a nasty stench from them during our CL ties against them tbf.

They're just this season's Ajax... Except Ajax are a proper club.

Most of that stench was the whiff of them handing us our arses on a plate really wasn't it?

I don't get this football snobbery. What's a proper club? Are ManU a proper club with their long distance billionaire owners who leveraged the bollocks of the club to buy it and failed miserably to turn them into galactico's ?

Most of that stench was the whiff of them handing us our arses on a plate really wasn't it?

Nah, there were snide tweets flying about before and after....

It's just a crass way for a club to conduct themselves... Leave that shit to the fans. I'd hate for us to do that shit.

I don't get this football snobbery. What's a proper club? Are ManU a proper club with their long distance billionaire owners who leveraged the bollocks of the club to buy it and failed miserably to turn them into galactico's ?

It's not snobbery (or jealousy); I just have no respect for franchise or petro clubs that just buy in at the expense of those who have grafted to climb up the leagues.

Nah, there were snide tweets flying about before and after....

It's just a crass way for a club to conduct themselves... Leave that shit to the fans. I'd hate for us to do that shit.

It's not snobbery (or jealousy); I just have no respect for franchise or petro clubs that just buy in at the expense of those who have grafted to climb up the leagues.

That is snobbery though isn't it? It's disliking a club for being nothing more than "new" basically. They did climb the leagues. They've gone through 5 leagues. They spend a lot less than we do.

That is snobbery though isn't it? It's disliking a club for being nothing more than "new" basically. They did climb the leagues. They've gone through 5 leagues. They spend a lot less than we do.

You honestly think "franchise" football equates to "grafting" your way through lower leagues?

It's just formality.

reachingforthestars reachingforthestars
bus-conductor bus-conductor

Paul Mitchell on the prowl for Disasi. And Southampton doubtful they can get a work permit for Salisu.

Disasi is a nice decent defender, but Salisu has probably become my new favourite and number 1 target . So the good old work permit is just some cack

Pjanic is better player. No doubt about that. It's just his age.

Arthur has potential, but he's lazy (similar to Ndombele some would say). But Ndombele has much higher ceiling

You honestly think "franchise" football equates to "grafting" your way through lower leagues?

It's just formality.

How much grafting through the lower leagues have Spurs done in the last 50-60 years? Or ever?

The sporting philosophy of the Rb group is a good one IMO. As good as anyone's. And there's very little moral issues with their ownership - less than ours some would say.

They created a club, started in the 5th (regional) tier of German football and worked their way up. What is so wrong with that? They aren't buying their success by buying the best, most expensive footballers money can buy and paying uncompetitive wages, through vastly exaggerated state sponsorship. They are instead relying on a football philosophy, smart recruitment, value young signings, progressive coaches to develop those signings, playing a progressive, aggressive football.

I've got much less problem with their strategy and sporting model than I have with the hegemony of the uber old money clubs attempt to preserve their dominance by taking advantage of decades of economic-geographic advantage, and using that to bully rivals financially year after year.

How much grafting through the lower leagues have Spurs done in the last 50-60 years? Or ever?

I don't get your question.... Why should we have to graft in the lower leagues over recent decades unless we got relegated?

Are you confusing us with Woolwich?

Sane going to Bayern has been agreed. £54 million seems a good deal for Bayern albeit he's coming off a cruciate injury. Never liked seeing him line up against Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom