Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really don't think they'll ever challenge properly with OGS at the wheel, they'll go on good runs and then equally poor, like a turbo charged Spurs under Sherwood, beating those beneath them comfortably and slipping up against the big sides.

Probably comfortable for top 4 though if they do spend big again, by virtue of talent alone, moments of individual brilliance rather than a team that is more than the sum of it's parts.
Ole’S record against the top teams last season weren’t to shabby

Ole’S record against the top teams last season weren’t to shabby
Not that I pay great attention to their matches, I just feel like he's not got the tactical nouse to get them to win the biggest matches, see their result against Chelsea in the semi for example against an equally naive Lampard. When he comes up against the top managers I think he'll fall short, hence being good enough to get them top 4 with a top 4 squad, but not enough to get them back where they expect to be.

Glad to see FFP is really limiting city's spending again another 40 million on a defender

It's a joke really, they have a bottomless pit of Arab money and could probably spend double that on him and wouldn't matter to them.

Sometimes i think the best way forward is imposing a limit on transfer spending for all clubs. You get 100M net a year and that's it. Do with that as you wish but you can't go over that and if you do, you get docked points on some sort of sliding scale.

That would never happen of course, but it would be an interesting exercise.

It's a joke really, they have a bottomless pit of Arab money and could probably spend double that on him and wouldn't matter to them.

Sometimes i think the best way forward is imposing a limit on transfer spending for all clubs. You get 100M net a year and that's it. Do with that as you wish but you can't go over that and if you do, you get docked points on some sort of sliding scale.

That would never happen of course, but it would be an interesting exercise.
Agreed - similar model to what F1 is looking to impose. Fat chance tho..

Good try

No - looking to bring in world class talent and win silverware
I'm sure lots of owners are looking to do that at this stage, actually getting it done is another thing.

Just pointing out, there's no point getting jealous over who has the most exciting rumours floating about, and Utd over the last few years have been linked with lots of big moves that haven't come to fruition.

I'm sure lots of owners are looking to do that at this stage, actually getting it done is another thing.

Just pointing out, there's no point getting jealous over who has the most exciting rumours floating about, and Utd over the last few years have been linked with lots of big moves that haven't come to fruition.
Ok cool - let’s reconevene after the window closes and compare our signings to theirs as currently we’re looking to bring some bozo from the Chinese League and an average player from Saints

Ok cool - let’s reconevene after the window closes and compare our signings to theirs as currently we’re looking to bring some bozo from the Chinese League and an average player from Saints
I'm not arguing that we'll have a better window than them, regardless of whatever we do, Woodward has form for being seen to be courting the biggest stars, less form for actually signing them.

His biggest coup of late is a midfielder from the Portuguese League, faced with no competition for his signature and at about half the price of Sancho. If he pulls it off then fair play to him, but at this stage it's just the usual media hype that I'm pretty sure we've seen the last 2 or 3 windows from them.

Back
Top Bottom