Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ironic that West Ham are signing Areola and yet we're the one's who's new keeper looks a tit...

Meh, probably not even posted by him. I honestly don't care what players post on social media it means very little, that unfortunately also includes the well-constructed stuff too like say Toby's with his digitally edited fluff stuff.

I know absolutely nothing of our new lad so can't really make any comment on him as a 'keeper. But I really liked Areola and the other is Sanchez at Brighton. The difficulty is bringing in a 'keeper that will replace Hugo and both of those I mentioned probably wouldn't do that straight away (this season) which is why that level of 'keeper wouldn't join us today as they would instantly lose what they have now which is number 1 status.

If our new lad isn't good enough to claim number 1 next year (which is when I speculate Hugo will leave) then 'we' look to buy a top-rated 'keeper who goes straight in as number 1 (a bit like we did when we bought Hugo, although he had to wait a few weeks for uncle Brad to fall asleep on his goal-line).

Meh, probably not even posted by him. I honestly don't care what players post on social media it means very little, that unfortunately also includes the well-constructed stuff too like say Toby's with his digitally edited fluff stuff.

I know absolutely nothing of our new lad so can't really make any comment on him as a 'keeper. But I really liked Areola and the other is Sanchez at Brighton. The difficulty is bringing in a 'keeper that will replace Hugo and both of those I mentioned probably wouldn't do that straight away (this season) which is why that level of 'keeper wouldn't join us today as they would instantly lose what they have now which is number 1 status.

If our new lad isn't good enough to claim number 1 next year (which is when I speculate Hugo will leave) then 'we' look to buy a top-rated 'keeper who goes straight in as number 1 (a bit like we did when we bought Hugo, although he had to wait a few weeks for uncle Brad to fall asleep on his goal-line).
It won't affect my perception of him as a keeper once he's on the pitch and in our shirt, if he's good he's good and that's all that really matters (unless he does a Gyfli...).

But he does look a tit, and if he doesn't perform when called upon then that kind of thing will be chucked back at him pretty quick.

It won't affect my perception of him as a keeper once he's on the pitch and in our shirt, if he's good he's good and that's all that really matters (unless he does a Gyfli...).

But he does look a tit, and if he doesn't perform when called upon then that kind of thing will be chucked back at him pretty quick.
I don't know anything thing about him at all, in fact never heard of him prior to him joining us. But whilst any new player is a risk for all manner of reasons there should be a degree of confidence in us selecting a 'keeper that's competent seeing as our head coach is an ex-'Keeper.

Do you think Kane looks a tit on his social posts standing in front of his gifted Jaguar or swinging a can of Coke, or chomping down on a bar of chocolate or announcing the gender of his unborn child with balloons?

It's all relative to what your perception is based on how they dress, look or promote and how frequently. Most of the posts in Dele's thread seem to attribute his lack of playing time solely down to what he does on social media (far less than Kane I might add).

It's all bollocks mate. Not having a pop at you personally btw, this is just a little pet hate of mine.

:dierpochhug:

I don't know anything thing about him at all, in fact never heard of him prior to him joining us. But whilst any new player is a risk for all manner of reasons there should be a degree of confidence in us selecting a 'keeper that's competent seeing as our head coach is an ex-'Keeper.

Do you think Kane looks a tit on his social posts standing in front of his gifted Jaguar or swinging a can of Coke, or chomping down on a bar of chocolate or announcing the gender of his unborn child with balloons?

It's all relative to what your perception is based on how they dress, look or promote and how frequently. Most of the posts in Dele's thread seem to attribute his lack of playing time solely down to what he does on social media (far less than Kane I might add).

It's all bollocks mate. Not having a pop at you personally btw, this is just a little pet hate of mine.

:dierpochhug:
All subjective of course, I'm sure there will be a bunch of people, no doubt younger than me, that think he looks good. But I'm firmly of the opinion that if you've spent almost 14,000 euros on your outfit then it should look a lot more impressive than this:

And the gobshite pose isn't helping matters...

:avbmad:

All subjective of course, I'm sure there will be a bunch of people, no doubt younger than me, that think he looks good. But I'm firmly of the opinion that if you've spent almost 14,000 euros on your outfit then it should look a lot more impressive than this:

And the gobshite pose isn't helping matters...

:avbmad:

It's a promotion mate, he's getting paid.

This one is better though right?

It's a promotion mate, he's getting paid.

This one is better though right?

That's different, that's just pathetic that a millionaire feels the need to cash grab that hard, but Gollini wears that kind of shit regardless...

So on the one hand he's less pathetic, on the other he looks like more of a tit, in my opinion.

That's different, that's just pathetic that a millionaire feels the need to cash grab that hard, but Gollini wears that kind of shit regardless...

So on the one hand he's less pathetic, on the other he looks like more of a tit, in my opinion.
But if he was promoting a Barbour Jacket and wellies (sorry mate I'm second-guessing the garms that you rock ;)) you would think it's OK because you would identify with him and would no doubt call him a man of good taste, all the while having a huge section of the fanbase taking the piss for not rocking a £20k Rolex or whatever.

As I say, player Social Media is highly orchestrated and accessed hundreds of thousands or even multiple millions of followers there's a wide and diverse demographic that isn't/is going to be the intended sweet-spot target.

But if he was promoting a Barbour Jacket and wellies (sorry mate I'm second-guessing the garms that you rock ;)) you would think it's OK because you would identify with him and would no doubt call him a man of good taste, all the while having a huge section of the fanbase taking the piss for not rocking a £20k Rolex or whatever.

As I say, player Social Media is highly orchestrated and accessed hundreds of thousands or even multiple millions of followers there's a wide and diverse demographic that isn't/is going to be the intended sweet-spot target.

Only if they were to be found on the TK Maxx sale rail!

Back
Top Bottom