Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

None of those players are expected to do the busy cunting in the centre of midfield that he will be doing though.

I think he’s a fucking great 6, and I’m sure he’ll improve that midfield for 12 months, but I still think the rigours of the PL are going to be much harder than the pace and opponent he faces most weeks in Spain.

And 60m/350k (if true) is ridiculous for a 30yo.

None of those players are expected to do the busy cunting in the centre of midfield that he will be doing though.

I think he’s a fucking great 6, and I’m sure he’ll improve that midfield for 12 months, but I still think the rigours of the PL are going to be much harder than the pace and opponent he faces most weeks in Spain.

Makes sense for Madrid to cash in, got the 2 upcoming french lads and will need replacing Kroos and Modric within a year or 2.
Still have Valverde who can play there as well.

I think Casemiro is a very good 6 too. But whenever I watched RM last season, usually in the CL, he committed a shedload of fouls. Often an early 2 or 3 stopping opposition breaks before he got a yellow. And then he carried on fouling without getting a red.

We'll see if he gets away with that in the PL.

I think Casemiro is a very good 6 too. But whenever I watched RM last season, usually in the CL, he committed a shedload of fouls. Often an early 2 or 3 stopping opposition breaks before he got a yellow. And then he carried on fouling without getting a red.

We'll see if he gets away with that in the PL.
Yeah does like a card.

I really don't think 30 is an old age for a footballer in 2022 anymore. Not for one who looks after himself, anyway. I don't know much about Casemiro on that front, but his role is one where you'll get through plenty of work but as a player ages it can become more about positional sense.

I'd be looking at 33/34 before 'expecting' a decline and that would mean they get a few seasons out of him, which would be pretty solid. 60 million sounds a lot but when you look at some of the other transfers going on it doesn't seem outrageous. The wages seem an issue though, if reported accurately.

I really don't think 30 is an old age for a footballer in 2022 anymore. Not for one who looks after himself, anyway. I don't know much about Casemiro on that front, but his role is one where you'll get through plenty of work but as a player ages it can become more about positional sense.

I'd be looking at 33/34 before 'expecting' a decline and that would mean they get a few seasons out of him, which would be pretty solid. 60 million sounds a lot but when you look at some of the other transfers going on it doesn't seem outrageous. The wages seem an issue though, if reported accurately.
I don’t think anyone saying he won’t improve them. But that the wages are immense and they may be stuck with him after the declining. It’s a short term signing that could hurt them long term for a club that aren’t really in a position to compete short term.

Without 2-3 other quality short term signings, they won’t be a top 4 team and then what’s the point?

He’s exceptional at what he does. But what he does is extremely limited.

At 30, he’s an expensive consolation prize for them not getting Frenkie De Jong, who is younger and a better all-round baller. This makes United better but still doesn’t make them a top four team imho.

I’ll be surprised if he looks as lively in the PL as he did amongst La Liga’s geriatrics.
Yup, though he might get some help from refs because ManU he won't be getting away with all that he did for RM. I expect 5 underwhelming, injury-filled seasons...but they get to trumpet the big name signing for the falling share price.

I don’t think anyone saying he won’t improve them. But that the wages are immense and they may be stuck with him after the declining. It’s a short term signing that could hurt them long term for a club that aren’t really in a position to compete short term.

Without 2-3 other quality short term signings, they won’t be a top 4 team and then what’s the point?

I can only assume they'll make a couple more signings after this.

All action DM is a bit different though. Parker burnt himself out, Kante played full on last week against us and injured himself yet again, his time at least in the prem is probably coming to an end soon.

That type of role/style is difficult to pull off beyond 30. Still might do a good year or so although United is one hell of a mess of a club to go to.

All action DM is a bit different though. Parker burnt himself out, Kante played full on last week against us and injured himself yet again, his time at least in the prem is probably coming to an end soon.

That type of role/style is difficult to pull off beyond 30. Still might do a good year or so although United is one hell of a mess of a club to go to.
Fernandinho lasted longer than expected. Though his entire strategy was to foul immediately, so he didn’t really have to do much running.

I assume Ancelotti, who knows a thing or two about midfield players, has decided Camavinga can step into Casemiro's role, and Tchouaméni can get playing time learning from Modric, Kroos and Valverde.

I think Tchouameni will probably be more likely to be the long term successor to Casemiro as the 6. Camavinga will be more of hybrid I think.

Back
Top Bottom