Our signings since Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who are your top 3 signings

• Kieran Trippier

• Christian Eriksen

• Juan Foyth

• Toby Alderweirald

• Paulo Gazzanigga

• Dele Ali

• Paulinho

• Son Heung-Min

• Roberto Soldado

• Davinson Sanchez

• Fernando Llorente

• Davinson Sanchez

• Vladimir Chireches

• Erik Lamella

• Eric Dier

• Serge Aurier

• Ettienne Capou

• Gerge Kevin N'koudu

• Lucas Moura

• Victor Wanyama

• Kevin Wimmer

• Michel Vorm

• Moussa Sissoko

• Ben Davies

• Nacer Chadli

Results are only viewable after voting.
If didnt know better, I think the thread is being purposely sneaky in order to paint a picture where most signings have been poor, when its not the case. Many who are poor now have been excellent.

source.gif

I went Toby and Eriksen for the overall impact they have had at the club, 2 players arguably at their peaks who have helped lifted our team to another level over a number of years.

Dele, Son would be my next 2 then Sissoko.

Gone for Dele and Son. Eriksen was a tough one to leave out but Son and Dele took it for me because of their consistency and price.

Voted for Paulinho and Chadli.

Paulinho is a player that I am absolutely convinced would have been a fantastic player for us had he been used correctly and not fucked under the leadership and static, shitty football of AVB, by Charlie Fuckin Adam, and by lack of confidence and the supporters turning against him.

Chadli showed promise at first, then absolute quality after a summer of dieting and using a personal trainer. When his father passed away he kinda lost it though, sadly.

Brilliant players who sadly didn't have a perfect career with us.

Eriksen the absolute best and Dele who was great from the off whereas we had to wait for Son to shine.
Apart from the worst signing Soldado most of the other duds have a French connection: Njie, GKN, Stambouli, Capoue and Aurier.

Eriksen top of the list for me, then it really is difficult to choose between Dele, Alderweirald and Son after that.

Soldado, Paulinho, GKN and Chirches are probably worse for me.

The rest have all had their moments I think and been, at some point, good and made a useful contribution.

Eriksen and Son, no doubt. Without either we're a Europa League club the past couple of seasons. Eriksen has been the conductor in the squad and Son has scored so many important goals when no one else was around to do it.

Toby is a great player when healthy and turned on - but we've played long stretches of seasons recently getting fuck all from him and still maintained our place - it's why I'm not terrified of losing him, we've managed without him before anyway.

Dele represents the best deal financially, but his trajectory seems to have leveled off recently. Seems to not have the impact and influence of Sonny and Eriksen as of late.

Toby and Eriksen seems the logical answer. Erksen is involved in most of our goals and (with the exception of this season) our defence has been the best in the prem.

Not sure Sissoko can be classed as a good signing. He's played 1 out of 3 seasons.

Dier has actually proved to be a very good signing. Versatile and has been an important player in a weak position for us. He hasn't been involved this season; but our performances have been embarrassing at times.

Back
Top Bottom