Pacos Ferreira v Tottenham Hotspur (Euro Conference) Thursday 19 August @ 19.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How’s our playing style?
everyone hippo GIF

What absolute crap that was. Only comfort I have is that illegal stream worked a treat and I think I have managed to order a bride from Thailand and join some dating sites too. Happy Days 👍

I told you they were no mugs 🤷‍♂️
I understand that you have much bigger fish to fry in the PL, but that was a very weak team selection. Nuno has been abroad for too long now that he already forgot that mid-table teams in Portugal are not pub teams, and can beat anyone if the opponent doesn't take the game seriously.

Paços were disappointing too, compared to how games against Benfica and Porto usually go, they didn't press much and were mostly toothless upfront.

This goes to show that how much players/teams are worth is very relative. According to Transfermarkt the whole 31-player squad of Paços is worth 22 million euros. Winks alone is worth €20 million. But if he was playing for a small club in Portugal with few resources (like Paços), he probably would be worth no more than 500K. That's why the difference in quality between the two teams is a lot smaller than what the market value may imply. In a league where every club has a lot of money, this causes huge inflation and players' market price reflect that, but the value may not be there...

Back
Top Bottom