Palace (A) 25-Feb. 12PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Another big game, another must win to keep up our challenge. With Chelsea playing United it really gives us the opportunity to make a top 4 place ours.

Back to our strongest team, just a question of whether Alderweireld starts.

- Lloris -
- Alderweirled Sanchez Vertonghen -
- Aurier Dembele Dier Davies -
- Dele - Eriksen -
- Kane -
Vorm, Trippier, Rose, Wanyama, Winks, Moura, Son, Lamela, Sissoko, Llorente, Foyth..
(Its harder to choose the fucking bench)

Son didn’t look his best on Sunday and maybe a rest will do him good. We need to get Toby back in, and we were so strong with this formation last season.

Palace are without Zaha, and they haven’t won a game since September 2016 without him. We need to be at them from the off. With Dembele and Eriksen back in we will have a lot of control and creativity.

Tough tough game. Sort of game we'd come unstuck in after heroic performances against United, Liverpool, Woolwich and Juventus. Let's see if we've grown.

Chelsea play United before us so we'll know where we'll stand with a win. Hopefully they can draw and our hunt on second place continues. I believe they have quite a few injuries. Sakho, Zaha, Kelly, Speroni, Sako, Schlupp, Dann, Puncheon, Loftus-Cheek all out for this. I wouldn't even be able to tell you what their line up would be.

Line up wouldn't really be any different to the one at Juventus - I don't think Son really deserves to be dropped but I feel the likes of him and Lucas would be best served coming off the bench to run at tired legs as opposed to starting.

Kane
Eriksen - Dele - Lamela
Dembele - Dier
Davies - Vertonghen - Sanchez - Aurier
Lloris
I'll go with a scrappy 0-1 win. Kane with the winner.

There's no chance Alderweireld will start based on today's performance, the same can be said of Winks and Wanyama. Full back rotation aside, the team picks itself apart from one position, that being a choice between Son, Lamela and Lucas. Usually I'd go for Son but he looks a bit off form at the moment and hasn't been playing well in away games. Lamela is on form but the team lacks width with him, Dele and Eriksen starting so I'm gonna go for Lucas as he looked good today.

The game being played at midday Sunday instead of Monday evening is a bonus for us as early kick offs generally negate some of the home advantage. I see this as a comfortable 0-3 win, given their injury situation. This will take us into the top 4, top 3 if the Dippers don't beat West Ham, then we can sit back and watch Man Utd Vs Chelsea with any result being good for us.

Always get nervous with away games against Palace, this has got a scratchy 1-0 all over it, think it will come courtesy of Dele in the 72nd minute, with Son and Lucas on the bench we are starting to have some real game changers and some pace to run at a tired defence, hope we go for the Same line up against Juve as don't think Toby looks match fit after yesterday,

[formation="3421, Lloris, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Aurier, Dier, Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, Kane"][/formation]

Bench:
Vorm, Trippier, Rose, Wanyama, Lamela, Lucas, Son

Sensible decision, for once well done on Sky for moving the game back a day.

Lucas should definitely get a start imo, certainly did enough to impress yesterday. He should play instead of Lamela and Trips instead of Aurier and the rest of the side the same as Juve match.

Big game for us.

I'd like to see Lucas start here. It's exactly the sort of game we bought players like him for. With so many of their key players out, Palace are likely to sit deep. These are the teams we've usually struggled most against. I'd love to see him alongside Eriksen as well. Maybe something like this?

[formation=4231, Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Lucas, Eriksen, Dele, Kane][/formation]

3 points would be nice. Chelsea have both Manchester clubs next 2 in-between Woolwich and Barcelona.
Its a great opportunity to get into the top four and look back at Chelsea.

Difficult game which we can win if we get it right on the day.

Back
Top Bottom