Palace (A) 25-Feb. 12PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually thought we played ok today, not great, but ok. Yes there was some loose passing/misses etc, but we still dominated the game.
As for the attackers, they were up against 10 men playing basically in a box 18yds x 10yds i.e. absolutely no space.
The defence looked solid, although under no pressure. I was a bit worried about their front 2 re height. Dier and Sanchez never had a problem with it.
I have in the past heavily criticised Aurier, today I thought he did well in defence. In regard to the foul throws, in every match nearly every player makes them but they don't get picked up. The lino was obviously listening to the crowd (especially after he hadn't noticed the ball was out but let us play on).
On saying that he should have learnt from the first one.

Last edited:
Just getting back from a boozy all day football session and have to say that whilst we didn't play the kind of football we have recently Palace made it hard for us. We got the win, are back in the top 4 and Woolwich got crushed in a cup final. Happy Sunday to you all!

Reminded me Woolwich results in their prime. You'd be hanging on the radio with that mounting dreed the fuckers are going to score and then.

"There's been a goal at highbury"

Fuck fuck please let it be against

"and its Thierry Henry"
Fuck fuck fuck

Well now its the spurs that keep going now its Woolwich fans praying against hope we don't score. Now its Our time to score when we haven't been playing well.

By fuck we earned this time.

Decent weekend for us. Kept our pace in the table, leap-frogged Chelsea, and Woolwich got smashed up in the Whatever Cup.

A better performance from us and a draw in the Mourinho Derby and I'd be over the moon.

I fucking can’t stand the daily mail. In the headline to their article they say we stole points from Palace. Crystal Palace are fucking shit. Roy Hodgson is shit. They should forever be a championship team because they play like shit. Fuck the media.

Decent weekend for us. Kept our pace in the table, leap-frogged Chelsea, and Woolwich got smashed up in the Whatever Cup.

A better performance from us and a draw in the Mourinho Derby and I'd be over the moon.

Things actually worked out pretty well. Easy to say in hindsight, but gaining 3 points through a relatively lazy performance means we’ve saved a bit of energy. Smashing them 6-0 would have helped our goal difference, but the squad needs to reserve its energy. A half-hearted yet still commanding victory suits me very well at this stage of the season.

A United/Chelsea draw would have been preferable, but Chelsea losing is always a good thing, and was the best result as far as finishing in the top 4 is concerned.

And of course the Gooners got rolled over again in our stadium. Nobody cares what trophies the Sheik Mansour team buy, so that final played out perfectly.

All in all, a very satisfying day :levywhoa:

Just getting back from a boozy all day football session and have to say that whilst we didn't play the kind of football we have recently Palace made it hard for us. We got the win, are back in the top 4 and Woolwich got crushed in a cup final. Happy Sunday to you all!

Things actually worked out pretty well. Easy to say in hindsight, but gaining 3 points through a relatively lazy performance means we’ve saved a bit of energy. Smashing them 6-0 would have helped our goal difference, but the squad needs to reserve its energy. A half-hearted yet still commanding victory suits me very well at this stage of the season.

A United/Chelsea draw would have been preferable, but Chelsea losing is always a good thing, and was the best result as far as finishing in the top 4 is concerned.

And of course the Gooners got rolled over again in our stadium. Nobody cares what trophies the Sheik Mansour team buy, so that final played out perfectly.

All in all, a very satisfying day :levywhoa:
What a day...
WHAT A HAPPY DAY!
summit I just realised about all the teams playing today... WE are the only ones truly content with how things played out.
My logarithm for a very happy day;

Man City = Won Cup > pissed off Utd Won
Man Utd = Won game > pissed off City Won Cup.
Arse = Lost Cup Final > double pissed off WE won = they lose the Weekend!
Chelsea = Lost game < happy Arse lost > pissed off WE won

SPURS = WON GAME < HAPPY ARSE LOST < HAPPY CHELSEA LOST

= Tottenham win the Weekend!

Last edited:
....in other news; where did all of Townsend's hair come from...?

Has he been paying a visit to the same "Dr. Makeitright" Barber as Baldy Conte??
:townhmm:
:paulinhobored::avbcringe:

What a day...
WHAT A HAPPY DAY!
summit I just realised about all the teams playing today... WE are the only ones truly content with how things played out.

Arse = Lost Cup Final > pissed off WE won

I’ve run this through my computer and I concur.

:freundgoal:

What a day...
WHAT A HAPPY DAY!

Do we get a trophy for that?

;-)

What a day...
WHAT A HAPPY DAY!

And pissed the grief monkeys off with a last minute winner. (Even though they played yesterday).

Gutsy win...

Been said way too often, but Kane never ceases to amaze. Time running out, and again he rises to the occasion. Literally .. A huge 3 points, against stubborn opposition. Proud as punch.

I fucking can’t stand the daily mail. In the headline to their article they say we stole points from Palace. Crystal Palace are fucking shit. Roy Hodgson is shit. They should forever be a championship team because they play like shit. Fuck the media.

I Tweeted to Crafton the little cunt and told him to go do one. That's the second or third time the little twat has put a negative spin on what were dominant performances.

This is the twats address, so if you are one Twitter go and drop him a thank you note.

Adam Crafton
@AdamCrafton_

Back
Top Bottom