Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im not blaming the ref, but surely you understand it doesnt make it easier for us when he is as fucking useless as Moss was this game?
The ref was poor, but I’m not sure it materially affected the game.

Tango deserved his red, it was a pen and we were 2nd best from minute 1.

If there were any wastes of oxygen look no further than winks and davies.

Agree. They're average at best, shite at worst. There's still a number of players that remain that in an ideal world shouldn't be within 100 miles of the club... Davies, Winks, Doherty, Nbombele... I'm tempted to add Dier and Sanchez to that list but they're not quite as bad and don't begrudge either a place in the squad.

Why give up after Tangangas red. Why not try Gil or Ndombele
Baffling. What did he see in the players out there that made him think he didn’t need to change things? Palace are dreadful and will possibly go down and we made them look fantastic at times. Our leader should change his name on the evidence of that to either Nono Spirito or certainly Nono Braino

Harry-Winks.jpg

ArcspacE ArcspacE this one

Despicable Me Please GIF

It's times like this I wish Man City had just offered an acceptable amount for Kane and the whole thing would have been over with us revitalising the side with the money. Fuck.
Not if the manager is too risk-averse to give the likes of Bryan Gil a nanosecond of playing time.

And why not try Ndombele when we were only one goal down?

One moment of genius, and suddenly we break through the lines for an equalizer.

But no. Nothing. Nada. Just scratch your fucking beard impersonating The Thinker.

Nuno = BOHICA

This is all on Nuno from start to finish, and the cunts on holiday in Croatia!!

Yes we have half the team out for this one, but it´s all about mentality! We still could have started with a positive offensively starting-11 if we wanted to win, to dare is to do.

Lloris

Tanganga - Dier - Rodon - Reguilon

Hojbjerg - Ndombele - Alli

Moura - Kane -Gil

Moss has always been a cunt tbf
We didn't get dismantled by Crystal Palace (read that again slowly) because of the quality of the referee.

The penalty and red card were spot on.

The coaching staff and the head coach should hang their heads in shame. Starting a game with 8 defensive players? I thought those days were over when Mourinho got fired.

So is there still anybody who thinks nuno is the messiah, and that we did enough business in the summer ?? We had one shot against crystal fucking Palace just let that sink in.......
We are a joke and so is this squad, I know it's only Emersons first game but fuck me he looks as I feared. Like a flaky Brazilian failed winger who got thrown into being a fullback.......nothings changed we will be lucky to get top 8 this season.....
Levy and enic still out nothing new to see hear just the usual tottenham bullshit...

I cannot understand once it was 1 0 Nuno didnt change it. 1 0 down and we were not brave enough to try and equalise. Getting spanked 3 0 was what nuno deserved. No bollocks, bloody cowardly from the manager

Well - that was shit. Even before JT went off.

PEH, Winks and Skipp? maybe Nuno thought Royal would push higher up and that Tanganga would shuffle across with PEH dropping back? Can’t think of why he’d play such a defensive midfield trio otherwise.
The problem was we were relying on that midfield to be brave with the ball in possession. We had Regy and Royal both pushed up the pitch in acres of space when the ball was in the middle of the pitch. Winks and Skipp both passed up opportunities to hit them the ball or when they tried it they failed. Get the FBs wide in space and have our forwards run the channels.

That was the plan, but our midfield just wasn't able to try it or do it.

No getting away from it that was fucking woeful from start to finish. I've always thought managers deserve a chance and Nuno does, but a few more like today, the negative lineup, lack of fight, chucking in the towell when down to 10 men, then patience will wear thin pretty quick.
a few more like today, its been this way in all the EPL games, this guy does not have a clue, atleast with Jose he could say "I've won things so trust me"

At least it means there won't be another embarrassing "We are in a title race" thread.

Those of us accused of "melting" who were pointing out that our squad is paper fucking thin and we should have bought more players in have been well and truly vindicated.
Ok, so this international break has utterly fucked us in the ass, but that's what a squad is for. We could have easily brought in 2-3 more players. Ings was available for £25 fucking million, this geezer who has just come in and scored 2 for Palace today, but oh no... we are going to buy "prospects" who aren't ready yet.
It's unacceptable that we are still relying on players like Winks. Why buy Gil if you aren't going to use him? We needed players for shore up this squad who can come in and do a job, not prospects for the future. We never ever replaced Eriksen and its looking like we couldn't even replace the likes of Lamela and Bale either.

So frustrating to piss away a great start in this way but the squad depth has bitten us a lot earlier and it will be even worse next weekend against Chelsea if we don't have the likes of Son back fit.

I fear for next week its going to be brutal

Back
Top Bottom