Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very disappointed in Nuno today. Can't find much blame for players individually, Davies + Japhet aside. Disgraceful from Davies really, though the team was at least showing resilience to keep the game 0-0.

Hojbjerg - Skipp - Winks - Dele should never be on the field together. Dele a midfield workhorse now and no more. None of them played well, but they weren't really given the conditions to succeed. Gil should have seen the field, but the red card will have made Nuno hunker deeper into his conservatism. Kane lumbering, feel bad for him really, he's too good a player to suffer through performances like that.

Says he’s come to TFC to change the DNA

Lines up with 3 defensive clogger mids against bottom 5 opposition

:nunolol:
this. 100%. how were we supposed to transition the ball. long ball? I'm ok with skipp and hojbjerg but the 3rd midfielder has to be really creative. And we don't have anyone (please don't say N'Dombele. That horse has been well flogged)

I mean it's not a new problem. replacing eriksen or dembele ain't easy. But we don't have even 1 able creative midfielder in our squad. not one. most teams have 2 or 3 options

Edit: OK maybe lo celso. but he's far from proven himself

Winks starting over Gil was nonsensical.

Hojbjerg-Skipp-Dele weren't setting the world on fire, but they've played decently.

To throw off that midfield trio for Winks is just fucking terrible.
Absolute fucking madness… that 3 knew their roles and at the very least protected the back 4

you fuckin shift all that around to shoehorn in winks ?

son and berg out was a blow …. But just swap in Gil

The ref was poor, but I’m not sure it materially affected the game.

Tango deserved his red, it was a pen and we were 2nd best from minute 1.
Pretty obvious freekick for a foul on Moura before first yellow, then no fucking useless Davies on and no pen. We were shit, Moss the fat fucking cunt managed to be even worse.

People will deflect and blame the red card and the shit performance from the ref (both factors I agree, especially in the manner of which we were defeated.)

However, even before the red card Palace were utterly dominant.

I knew the second we setup with Winks in midfield it was going to be a draw or loss, I thought maybe at half time our manager would make positive attacking changes (that's what he has done so far this season when we have looked short of ideas.)

Instead, he showed that he is completely out of his depth and looked every bit a manager that was way down the list of appointments today, complete cowardice and game mismanagement has cost us, not only cost us the game but also has EMBARRASSED the club.

How can you sit back, with attacking players available on the bench and refuse to make changes whilst a Palace team who can't score runs riot over your team?

It is just unacceptable and shows exactly why the start that we have had is massively flattering to us.

Make us proud? Don't make me fucking laugh.

Really disappointing. As bad and as ponderous as Jose. Nuno completely passive. He talked about reinstalling the motto. I didn’t see any daring whatsoever.

Kane invisible.

We didn't get dismantled by Crystal Palace (read that again slowly) because of the quality of the referee.

The penalty and red card were spot on.

The coaching staff and the head coach should hang their heads in shame. Starting a game with 8 defensive players? I thought those days were over when Mourinho got fired.
Did you think Tangangas second yellow was valid?

Dele wasn't the issue. Skipp and Winks with PEH is just a disaster class midfield. Gil for Winks was the sub. Should have been how we started.
Dele plays deeper nowadays though, so effectively we started with 8 defensive players. Do it for 45 minutes OK, but it is hard to see why he didn't make a change at half time.

Back
Top Bottom