Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we hadn’t gone down to 10 I think Gil and Tanguy would have played
At least one of the subs should have happened before the 58th minute. It had been made abundantly clear by that time that we were getting bossed up and down the pitch and had no creative outlet. It’s not even being bold at that point, it was just obvious.

Im Out GIF

Agreed. Though what's hard to see, for me, is why we'd start that way against CP. Team selection was terrible, and they did their best to let Nuno know that.
Nuno was pretty well known for being a 2nd half manager at Wolves.

Guessing he wanted to get through the first 45 and then bring on some more attacking players around 60 minutes to try and get a goal.

At least that's what I'm guessing, not what I would have done, but that's probably the thought process.

Dele plays deeper nowadays though, so effectively we started with 8 defensive players. Do it for 45 minutes OK, but it is hard to see why he didn't make a change at half time.
For most of the game Dele was a waste of space. Constantly running around behind the Palace player who had the ball, failing to get close to him. I really don't see what he contributes to the team anymore. One good block and that was it - all game.

When we went down to 10 men it was like going down to 9 men.

So with injuries, suspensions & FIFA clusterfucks, our first choice CBs are now Rodon and Davies. Which will only drive Nuno into selecting an ever more defensive & timid line-up.

I totally agree we should have continued with the Skipp-PEH-Dele midfield and brought Gil in. Then we could have played the ball forward to both Gil & Lucas to break fast on the counter-attack.

We all know Dele is never going to link counter-attacks so he shouldn't be one of the front 3 or the AM in a diamond. But in that original 3 man midfield, Dele can be the runner with Skipp & PEH holding.

I don't understand why Nuno doesn't get this.
Yeah, I'd have went with the same midfield today, either or on Winks/Skipp. Gil on the left should have been a dead cert given those missing. Hopefully Ndombele and Lo Celso can make those midfield spots their own or we're in for a turgid season.

Fuck it.

The thing I love most is being a Yid.

On a side note. I had some absolutely minging chicken goujons at the ground and now I am sitting on the train with a worrying feeling in my colon wondering if I can last the 45 minutes until I get home.

Pray for me.

Back
Top Bottom