Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well looks like we are totally screwed for the foreseeable.. Fck all quality in MF - time to wake up to that fact, skipp still to young and not good enough yet, winks - time to move on please as will never be good enough, Glc had his chance maybe a change of system might do it for him? Ndombele - to slow, to slow, to slow..... Dele wow what's going on.
Moura and PEH only players worth mentioning.... Humiliated by Palace today - outplayed everywhere - looking suspiciously like another fn Maureen type season.

My honest opinion...

Dele's a busted flush.

Winks is a busted flush.

Davies is a busted flush.

NDombele is a busted flush.

Kane is a busted flush.

Doherty is a busted flush.

The rest are okay - some even have potential.

Nuno & Paratici are new and should use their positions to get rid and rebuild. Pains me to say it, but honestly, we're miles off the pace now.

Did I miss anyone? (Levy/Enic's going nowhere, so don't even bother)

I knew it mate. Everyone called me negative but I know this football club. I knew they would let us down and I knew palace would turn us over. We are nowhere near as good as the table suggests. We will finish 9th or 10th this sesson.
Fuck me. It's football. Win some.lose some...not the end of the world. 3 wins out of 4. Today's result was poor. Really odd positional choices by Nuno: Rodin should start, tanga at RB, Gil on left not fucking winks, Moura for son.
Hamstrung by bad choices and missing players: dav, dier, son, bergy who were all main parts in our 3 wins so far, all missing so..... Not a reflection of how we want to play and hopefully Nuno learns from it.

We were dreading playing City too but look how that turned. I've always said the Manager of the month title is a jinx. Awfully disappointed, spoiled my dinner!!

GettyImages-1291521-scaled.jpg
Vincent Samways as a number 9, those were the days!

Although he's certainly more talented than the likes of Skipp and Winks, how many assists does Tanguy actually have in a Tottenham shirt?

He's not and will never be our saviour.
At least he can control the ball and pass it to a team mate. Modric and carrick didn’t have great assist rate. Why are playing a midfield 3 but having PEH on the right. Surely we just need a midfield 2 playing I front of the defence.

At least he can control the ball and pass it to a team mate. Modric and carrick didn’t have great assist rate. Why are playing a midfield 3 but having PEH on the right. Surely we just need a midfield 2 playing I front of the defence.
Agreed, I think Nuno is doing his best trying not to lose , so he is packing out the midfield with defensive players none of which are creative

Fuck me. It's football. Win some.lose some...not the end of the world. 3 wins out of 4. Today's result was poor. Really odd positional choices by Nuno: Rodin should start, tanga at RB, Gil on left not fucking winks, Moura for son.
Hamstrung by bad choices and missing players: dav, dier, son, bergy who were all main parts in our 3 wins so far, all missing so..... Not a reflection of how we want to play and hopefully Nuno learns from it.
Bad attitude.

Don't bother responding. I don't care.

As he should. Absolute fucking shambles of a team selection and diabolical game management.

Disgusting performance.
What’s he ducking coached in the last two weeks regardless of who is available. There is no coaching of new tactics that I can see. We have been just lucky. Remember CO could have scored just before HT.

Bad attitude.

Don't bother responding. I don't care.
I have a bad attitude because we lose 1 game of football and I don't think it's the end of the world? I did explain my reasoning.

Maybe explain your reasoning for accusing me of having a bad attitude. You won't as you clearly want to have the last word. 🤷

The PL leader in goals and assists is what we are playing with up top.
Actually you'd be wrong as neither Penandes nor Michail Antonio plays for us. Which makes sense as the PL page has Harry down for none of those this season. I imagine you're thinking in the past (precisely my point) back to last season. And again, goals and assists aren't intrinsic qualities of a player.

Back
Top Bottom