Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well that goes to show our recruitment and transfer window has been absolutely abysmal. If we can’t get even get Gil on the pitch, then it speaks volumes. It basically means we got pretty much the same team as last season but worse because we are missing Bale’s goals.
But that was the managers choice. Hasn’t he put Gil on in some of the other PL games? Surely regardless of his experience or whether his going to make it there would have no harm in him getting 15 minutes especially after going 1-0? What did Nuno see in the players out there that he thought they could nick a goal? Totally on the ineptitude and lack of fight/balls from Nono. Carry on like this and he won’t last long. Every other club play their new players. CP played the Chelsea kid they weren’t afraid to do so. If I was levy I’d be working on getting potter in the background ready as a replacement. He will at least build a team. Nuno ain’t building shit. If anyone has really seen any improvement in style then I’ve missed it. As for being more solid that is also false. We have let the oppo in all 4 games create uptime chances whereas we have created f all. We are not that solid!

If he wasn’t going to trust him why out him in the bench

If any game needed a change of direction which required his input this was it

Honeymoon well and truly over
Sorry that’s what I meant he should have trusted in him and put him on. Thee is no way tangay will want to play for this twat now knowing he could even get some minutes in a game like yday and be watching dele and winks dicking around doing f all.

Sorry that’s what I meant he should have trusted in him and put him on. Thee is no way tangay will want to play for this twat now knowing he could even get some minutes in a game like yday and be watching dele and winks dicking around doing f all.

Yup

For once I’m on Tanguy side as he’s apparently put in the effort in training and had talks about improving his attitude he should have been given the chance to prove it

Poor man management from Nuno

We'll add it to all the other reasons Tanguy has found not to want to play. I think we are up to around 15 now.

No pretending involved. It is my belief that that play doesn't exist for us at the present because Kane carries no threat in behind.

He was manhandled by Guehi today and 19yo Fofana last season. It's gonna hit you like a ton of bricks when you realize/admit it.

There were no other players that high or stationary where the CBs could find shade. #EnglishOak
220px-Baginton_oak_tree_july06.JPG

You said we as a team had 0 threat today...yet Kane was the tip of our very flaccid spear. Surely he is at least partially responsible for our lack of threat.
Kane got taken out from behind very early on and it was a clear foul but Moss didn’t want to know so Kane was virtually anonymous after that

It looks like our recruitment team consider this season a write off as they rebuild the squad over a few transfer windows. If that’s the case, why did we keep Kane?
Probably because no one seriously wanted to buy him at market value which I agree with

£75 million doesn’t cut it so Levy was right not to consider it as Shitty were taking the piss!

It's easy to blame Winks but I think he was the best of the Dynamic Three in the first half (which I admit isn't saying a great deal).

There, I've said it.

Skipp for me was the poorest of the bunch. Jenas said he didn't look 100% fit, I reckon he was right.
Finally someone who is posting their opinion without blind hatred of individual players. Winks getting all the shit on here because of previous reputation. But on the balance of play he was the best of our 3 cloggers in midfield.

I said yesterday the halftime change should be Skipp off for Gil. He didn't look right and was playing some blind passes which weren't punished luckily for him.

However across the 90, I thought PEH was one of our worst players just after Davies who had an all round nightmare.

I've watched the game twice now. You can clearly see who is at fault for the majority of palace's chances. The threat was Zaha on the left. We had Emerson playing him 1v1. Where was Hojbjerg to help him defend? Skipp came across from the central areas more to help against Zaha than PEH. Hojbjerg kept trying to carry the ball upfield and fell to the floor trying to win free kicks, which left us short in midfield and Skipp having to cover for him. Numerous occasions you can't even see Hojbjerg in the picture when Palace counter attack. He should be making a recovery run to fill in for Skipp in the middle.

I'm digging him out here because he's a senior player now and supposedly captain material according to some on here. Yesterday showed he ain't no captain. In a scenario where you are playing away in a hostile environment, with a team that is missing key players and a makeshift back 4, senior players need to stand up and be counted.
Lloris, Davies, Hojbjerg, Kane as the spine are those players. All of them barring Lloris were awful yesterday. No wonder we lost. No one went to Japh after his yellow to have a word with him and tell him to calm down. Hojbjerg playing right of the midfield should have been there to protect Emerson and Tanganga. Kept going AWOL. He also shirked responsibility on the first half to have a shot from the middle of the goal.

A clusterfuck by the management. But the senior players should hang their heads. Kane doesn't look interested. Lloris saved us in the first half. Davies was the worst on the pitch. Hojbjerg see above. You could add Dele as a senior player now, again anonymous but was better in a midfield 3.

The quicker we forget about this the better. But some of you on here could do with watching the game again knowing what happened to really to see who was at fault.

Got sent this from a mate today , it’s probably been posted on here but , bloody hell it’s woeful

Here’s some Spurs stats so far this season,

Shots: 38 (~18th)
Big chances created: 1 (~20th)
Goals: 3 (~16th)
Shots against: 70 (1st)

Lovely stadium , though

Finally someone who is posting their opinion without blind hatred of individual players. Winks getting all the shit on here because of previous reputation. But on the balance of play he was the best of our 3 cloggers in midfield.

I said yesterday the halftime change should be Skipp off for Gil. He didn't look right and was playing some blind passes which weren't punished luckily for him.

However across the 90, I thought PEH was one of our worst players just after Davies who had an all round nightmare.

I've watched the game twice now. You can clearly see who is at fault for the majority of palace's chances. The threat was Zaha on the left. We had Emerson playing him 1v1. Where was Hojbjerg to help him defend? Skipp came across from the central areas more to help against Zaha than PEH. Hojbjerg kept trying to carry the ball upfield and fell to the floor trying to win free kicks, which left us short in midfield and Skipp having to cover for him. Numerous occasions you can't even see Hojbjerg in the picture when Palace counter attack. He should be making a recovery run to fill in for Skipp in the middle.

I'm digging him out here because he's a senior player now and supposedly captain material according to some on here. Yesterday showed he ain't no captain. In a scenario where you are playing away in a hostile environment, with a team that is missing key players and a makeshift back 4, senior players need to stand up and be counted.
Lloris, Davies, Hojbjerg, Kane as the spine are those players. All of them barring Lloris were awful yesterday. No wonder we lost. No one went to Japh after his yellow to have a word with him and tell him to calm down. Hojbjerg playing right of the midfield should have been there to protect Emerson and Tanganga. Kept going AWOL. He also shirked responsibility on the first half to have a shot from the middle of the goal.

A clusterfuck by the management. But the senior players should hang their heads. Kane doesn't look interested. Lloris saved us in the first half. Davies was the worst on the pitch. Hojbjerg see above. You could add Dele as a senior player now, again anonymous but was better in a midfield 3.

The quicker we forget about this the better. But some of you on here could do with watching the game again knowing what happened to really to see who was at fault.
Agree with most of that apart from lloris I thought he was awful 100% should have saved the 3rd goal and his distribution even by his standards was shocking and as yiu stated there was no leadership and he is supposed to be the captain

At least he can control the ball and pass it to a team mate. Modric and carrick didn’t have great assist rate. Why are playing a midfield 3 but having PEH on the right. Surely we just need a midfield 2 playing I front of the defence.

I never said he couldn't. But people go on about him like he's been fantastic for us when he has played. He's been far from that.

Agree with most of that apart from lloris I thought he was awful 100% should have saved the 3rd goal and his distribution even by his standards was shocking and as yiu stated there was no leadership and he is supposed to be the captain
Fair point. I do agree with that, chocolate wrist for the 3rd goal.

But he did more than the other 3 senior players.

Despite that I would rather he was captain. I just don't see anyone with any credibility that could justify taking the captaincy from him.

Back
Top Bottom