Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How did they do their job when Lloris is making saves?
How did they do their job when opposition players are shooting wide?
Can you not say that about every team that keeps a clean sheet? Im sure even with the great milan defence of late 80s early 90s, their keeper had to make saves. And opposition players missed chances. Its what happens

How did they do their job when Lloris is making saves?
How did they do their job when opposition players are shooting wide?
This is getting plain ridiculous.

Those things happened because they didn't have perfect games, they had very good games, as can be shown by the opponents' failure to score. Throw Regui and Japhat into that mix, and the work from the defensive midfielders too.

And, as I said before, as can be shown by people who have played the game at the highest level and have forgotten more about professional football defending than we will understand in a lifetime highlighting this.

You want to hate on them, knock yourself out. I'm done with this pointless conversation.

Last edited:
Can you not say that about every team that keeps a clean sheet? Im sure even with the great milan defence of late 80s early 90s, their keeper had to make saves. And opposition players missed chances. Its what happens

You just said every "team" that keeps a clean sheet. Our fans seem to act as though Dier and Sanchez keep clean sheets.

You just said every "team" that keeps a clean sheet. Our fans seem to act as though Dier and Sanchez keep clean sheets.

They have and do....

The last 3 they played together were ALL clean sheets for example.

Meanwhile we've conceded 6 in the last 4 games without them

Pls stop with the BS.

Last edited:
They have and do....

The last 3 they played together were ALL clean sheets for example.

Meanwhile we've conceded 6 in the last 4 games without them

Pls stop with the BS.

I mean, you're not wrong, we have let in (a lot) more goals when they haven't played.
Only time will settle this debate now. With Romero coming into the team at some point we may not see those 2 as a 2 much anyway.

'I didn't agree with the side he put out, but I understood why he picked it. My main gripe is that he kept the same team at half time knowing what we were doing wasn't working. Even if he wanted to give the players 20 mins to put it right in second half and then make a change/s - but he didn't. Even when we went 1-0 down he persisted. I said on sat and having watched the game again, that was the worst performance I've witnessed in many of years and seeing Nuno on the touchline not trying to change it was infuriating.'

And tbh if Nuno can't change or attempt to change the game how on earth is he a good manager?
Levy promised us attacking football. Nuno and the club have a duty to deliver on the promise. Nuno has to be a better manager. Better football and do something to change the game.

Worryingly Wolves fans said he was exactly like this and that he was stubborn and at the end of the day Wolves parted ways with him because they wanted a better brand of football.

Why tf did we appoint him?
The problem is that it isn't as simple as Nuno just walking into training one day and being attacking instead, there are years of evidence across multiple clubs that attacking entertaining football just isn't his MO.

Levy is either a brass necked chancer for expecting us to believe that because Nuno said in his interview that he really really honestly would definitely have us play entertaining football, or a complete fucking idiot for believing that Nuno would be capable of playing any differently with us than he did at ALL of his previous clubs, that it was simply a choice that he previously made and could be switched at the drop of a hat... I guess their fans just didn't want to be entertained eh?

TBH I reckon it's a bit of both, idiot chancer.

The problem is that it isn't as simple as Nuno just walking into training one day and being attacking instead, there are years of evidence across multiple clubs that attacking entertaining football just isn't his MO.

Levy is either a brass necked chancer for expecting us to believe that because Nuno said in his interview that he really really honestly would definitely have us play entertaining football, or a complete fucking idiot for believing that Nuno would be capable of playing any differently with us than he did at ALL of his previous clubs, that it was simply a choice that he previously made and could be switched at the drop of a hat... I guess their fans just didn't want to be entertained eh?

TBH I reckon it's a bit of both, idiot chancer.

I think Levy is an outright liar quite frankly.
He went for the person who was most happy to work on an extremely limited budget, it had nothing to do with style of football.

He also blatantly brought Paratici in to negotiate deals with the Kane money, and that never happened. So we had a guy trotting around Europe making 100s of phone calls only to have to pull out because there was no money.

My best guess is that Levy is smarting quite badly that we had a positive spend in the end

Back
Top Bottom