Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s like we’re stuck in a 2019 Hitchcock loop and can’t escape

Same shit-cunt players letting us down every single time
Apparently we needed to keep Davies, as he's reliable and dependable and a good squad player and always gives everything etc. etc. etc.

Not blaming him for this, tho.

Shitely managed game.

What match?

will-smith-shades.gif

Nuno played the wrong team but players have no excuse for that performance, not a single shot in the first half. We made palace look like Pep’s Barca; says it all really.
In a way might be a good loss if nuno learns - don’t start with 3 DMs and start playing Ndombele.

Well - that was shit. Even before JT went off.

PEH, Winks and Skipp? maybe Nuno thought Royal would push higher up and that Tanganga would shuffle across with PEH dropping back? Can’t think of why he’d play such a defensive midfield trio otherwise.

Yes the international break has fucked us. But..........

Whoever thought what we signed in the summer was enough is stupid. We are still 4-5 platers short of this squad being capable. This will be a long season again.

We can point the finger at players as much as we want, but this is on Nuno, and I like the bloke.

Far too passive from minute 1. At half time I said to the Old man that we needed to change the momentum. I'd have swapped Dele for Gil and Winks for Ndombele as we needed to put pressure on them, get an out all in Gil and look for him to push their RB back, have Ndombele breaking the press centrally. We have both Skipp and PEH on the pitch, so the protection was there that would have allowed Ndombele some license to get in amongst them. I feel both players would have given CP questions to answer but, as it was, we gave them nothing except momentum. They were asking all the questions.

Even with Tanganga sent off, we still needed to do something to change the dynamic out there, but it would have meant some bravery.

Sadly it was bravery that was lacking today from the manager.
The problem is if you make the suggested changes at HT then all 3 subs would have been done and that would not have been smart.

However, one of those 2 subs needed to take place as we needed more attacking firepower. All 3 CM's playing it far too safe and to the side all of the 1st half.

We did not lose because of Moss but his decisions had a massive impact on the game which affected us, negatively.

Moreover, what the hell was Nuno waiting for? Was he hoping to make a 3rd sub only in the event of another injury? Take a risk mate!

Also, I called for Ndombele but how can you trust him to come on after getting 0 minutes during pre-season and season?

We needed to see Gil!

Awful awful game, waste of 2 hours that was.

Back
Top Bottom