PAOK, Joan Collins and Harry Redknapp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Things I learnt from last night's game (and ESPN's coverage of it):

1) Joan Collins and McManaman are so interesting I was slipping in and out of consciousness.

McManaman smirkingly said - 'Lets be honest , PAOK aren't very good, John and I could play them' and they both looked at each other and chuckled. That was as funny as it got.

Wait, no, the funniest thing was either his cardboard suit and ridiculous pocket handkerchief or Joan Collins bigging up Celtic who conceded within 2minutes. Steve ol' son - Footballers don't dress like they did 10 years ago. Mugs.

2) Experience, a commentator does not make.
Following the theme, Chris Waddle (praise be) , is no wordsmith and doesn't have an ounce of impartiality. Love him.
The greatest game Waddle ever played was the World Cup Semi in 1990 - he tore Germany a new one and was England's best player by a country mile. Should never have sold him in 88.

3) The experienced players were the worst on the night.
Ok, except Cudicini. Pav was shooting from anywhere, badly. Corluka giving the ball away. Bassong so so.

4) Gio is toilet. Piss off.

5) Kane looks decent as does Carroll. Livermore had a decent run out.

6) Harry doesn't give a shit. He acts like an immortal. The team were not expected to score. He played for a loss.
Clive Allen was the one prowling the line, shouting orders. Harry didn't even know who the players were. He hates playing kids. If they are not his mates, forget it.

This club is treading water while we watch the Harry Redknapp show. As he conducts his moves via TalkSport and Sky Sports and publically courts the England job, we all sit here enduring his numbskull tactics and his constant undermining of his employers.

Daniel - time to clean house.

ps Well done Spurs kids.

didnt_read_fat_guy_dancing_gif.gif

Only joking...

Agree with everything you've said... couldn't have written it better myself. To be honest, I'd never write that much...

quit being a fucking doom mongerer Harry is the first manager to lead us to the fucking CL so why the fuck are so many people waiting with their knives out, sure he's a pr nightmare but who gives a shit he achieved some amazing results here

easily the best manager we've had since Burkinshaw

ah fuck it

Its not just that he cant keep his wobbly mouth shut. Maybe its just me but id rather have a manager who i respect. He is an average manager, who has been bankrolled, whose best players were nothing to do with him. If he did have something to do with the CL qualification, then thanks very much, but he just cannot be the future of Spurs. Levy cannot be planning for a future with that master of personal publicity and tactical retard.... can he?

He is 64. sixty fucking four. Do you not think that if he was any good, that he might have shown it before now? He has been managing for longer than many on here have been alive. He won 1 cup with a club that was buying way beyond itself.

Jesus H, even the law of averages says that if you throw enough balls at enough coconuts , you win a fish.

Or something.

You'd think Tottenham fans having endured countless shite to average managers in years gone by would finally appreciate a good one when he comes along even if he is far from perfect. No manager is perfect but to act like he's had nothing to do with all our recent success is delusional at best. We've beaten the likes of liverpoo, chavski, and the scum under Redknapp and had an amzing run in the CL.

Any manager could have got 4th with the squad he had. a good one would have got higher. he is a shit manager and I cant stand his wobbly face. get out my club.

Ramos wouldn't have or a whole host of other twats we've been blessed with over the years. Alot of people have short memories and don't have a fucking clue what they're on about. This squad is quality but alot of the best players in it only became consistent with the appointment of Harry. People should be careful what they wish for and quit acting like a bunch of spoilt ungrateful cunts.

Back
Top Bottom