Pape Sarr

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pape Matar Sarr played 16 minutes as Senegal beat Burkina Faso 3-1 to send them to the AFCON 2022 finals - probably good experience to get minutes in the semi final, but its first appearance for Senegal in the tournament which must be a slight disappointment

Senegal are a tough team to break into, they are very good and are now in the final which will be a great experience for him to be a part of.

Senegal has been primarily playing a midfield of Idrissa Gueye (32 years old, PSG), Nampalys Mendy (29 years old, Leicester), and Cheikhou Kouyate (32, Crystal Palace) who have a combined 173 caps between them.

Don't think there's any shame in him not playing ahead of experienced professionals in top leagues who are a decade his senior.

Should be a good experience for him overall. Senegal is stocked with experienced high-level players like Mane, Koulibaly, Gueye, Edouard Mendy, Ismaila Sarr, a fair few others. Hopefully it's been a good learning experience for him.

Senegal are a tough team to break into, they are very good and are now in the final which will be a great experience for him to be a part of.

Senegal has been primarily playing a midfield of Idrissa Gueye (32 years old, PSG), Nampalys Mendy (29 years old, Leicester), and Cheikhou Kouyate (32, Crystal Palace) who have a combined 173 caps between them.

Don't think there's any shame in him not playing ahead of experienced professionals in top leagues who are a decade his senior.

Should be a good experience for him overall. Senegal is stocked with experienced high-level players like Mane, Koulibaly, Gueye, Edouard Mendy, Ismaila Sarr, a fair few others. Hopefully it's been a good learning experience for him.
Yeah, just being around the senior players and getting that first big international tournament experience will do him a lot of good.

Watched his game in full yesterday. Solid. Metz are a depressing watch, playing 3 CB's and 2 DM's given no licence to join the attack.. obviously trying to keep games very tight to snatch a point or a 1-0 win. Didn't see anything from Sarr yesterday that made me think he should play for us in the PL next season, especially if Conte is our coach.

Watched his game in full yesterday. Solid. Metz are a depressing watch, playing 3 CB's and 2 DM's given no licence to join the attack.. obviously trying to keep games very tight to snatch a point or a 1-0 win. Didn't see anything from Sarr yesterday that made me think he should play for us in the PL next season, especially if Conte is our coach.
Cool. Aligned with our long term strategy and planning, similar to the appointment of Nuno

Well he's not Harry Winks, so there's one reason for you...

Between the 10m for Rodon, 10m for Clarke, 15m for Sarr and 25m for Gil we don't have one player worthy of a top 4 team.

Could have got Olise, Eze, Bowen, and a few others for the same money, and actually had a functioning team.

So does anyone still think this is a good buy for us?
I don't think he was a bad buy at the time, Gil either. At that time I was happy enough to accept a 2-3 year team build. Having watched 10 or so of his games this season I think he's well worth the 15m we spent given his age and potential.

You bring in Conte and expectations change. I think so much of the incoherence in our strategy comes from Levy, swinging wildly between supposed frugality in the player market and spending big on managers to coax out of his squad something that isn't quite there.

Back
Top Bottom