Pape Sarr

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only going by clips, like the look of him. Seems reasonable two footed and covers the ground fairly well. We’re really short of numbers in midfield so he might get chances here if we fuck up the summer window which were fully capable of.

Only going by clips, like the look of him. Seems reasonable two footed and covers the ground fairly well. We’re really short of numbers in midfield so he might get chances here if we fuck up the summer window which were fully capable of.
If he can control a ball, pass it accurately to someone 5 yards away, or first time, run off the ball and tackle then it’s an improvement.

If he can control a ball, pass it accurately to someone 5 yards away, or first time, run off the ball and tackle then it’s an improvement.
He definitely has enough skill and the physical frame for it, I think the question is more if he is mobile enough and strong enough to handle prem level CMs, CDMs, CBs and ST he's likely to line up against. I wouldn't want him to come here and only play every 4th or 5th game- he would regress. A year in the championship would do wonders in preparing him for the pace of the Prem as was shown by Skipp's year there.

He definitely has enough skill and the physical frame for it, I think the question is more if he is mobile enough and strong enough to handle prem level CMs, CDMs, CBs and ST he's likely to line up against. I wouldn't want him to come here and only play every 4th or 5th game- he would regress. A year in the championship would do wonders in preparing him for the pace of the Prem as was shown by Skipp's year there.
He was a good buy whatever happens but we really need to develop him with a proper long term plan in mind. Where's Daniel Fark at now? A year under him in the championship be a smart call. As you say if we are still starting next year with some if the usual suspects he may even be of use short term.

Last edited:
Gold:
Sarr was back in the starting line-up and he played the full 90 minutes in a central attacking midfield role during Metz's 3-1 defeat at fellow strugglers Bordeaux on Sunday.

The versatile 19-year-old had a pass success rate of 77%, completing 30 of his 39 passes, but he won just four of his 12 duels and made one successful dribble out of two with the same success rate from his tackling. He did, however, make three interceptions.

It has been a tough developmental season for Sarr with Metz now bottom of Ligue 1, three points behind Bordeaux and four points adrift of 18th-placed St Etienne, who lie in the relegation play-off spot.

The teenager has now played 27 times for the French strugglers this season before he aims to show Tottenham what he's about when he returns to N17 in the summer.

Is a Ligue 1 relegation scrap gonna get him match ready for our inevitable PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE PUSH next season??

I sincerely hope so...

Otherwise, we've got another N'Dombele on our hands...
Hopefully he's still young enough for Conte to do summit with him! :contepray:

Mate he's not going from playing in Ligue 1 and for Senegal to the Championship.

Gold:
Sarr was back in the starting line-up and he played the full 90 minutes in a central attacking midfield role during Metz's 3-1 defeat at fellow strugglers Bordeaux on Sunday.

The versatile 19-year-old had a pass success rate of 77%, completing 30 of his 39 passes, but he won just four of his 12 duels and made one successful dribble out of two with the same success rate from his tackling. He did, however, make three interceptions.

It has been a tough developmental season for Sarr with Metz now bottom of Ligue 1, three points behind Bordeaux and four points adrift of 18th-placed St Etienne, who lie in the relegation play-off spot.

The teenager has now played 27 times for the French strugglers this season before he aims to show Tottenham what he's about when he returns to N17 in the summer.
Seems a bit of a deluxe Jack Clarke tbh. I hope I'm wrong but I don't hear the French people rave about this kid, not sure what's so special about him to drop 15m like that.

Seems a bit of a deluxe Jack Clarke tbh. I hope I'm wrong but I don't hear the French people rave about this kid, not sure what's so special about him to drop 15m like that.
Hasn't kicked on this season, but he's said to be a big talent, and I have more faith in Paratici's talent spotting than his predecessors who brought us Jack Clarke.

This is a player that's had lots of praise and is talked of as the next big thing from Senegal, following in the footsteps of the likes of Mane, Koulibaly, Ismaila Sarr, all of whom came from the Gen Foot > Metz pipeline. He's already achieved way more than JC.

Also we need to factor in that playing in a relegation threatened team isn't easy. He's said to be an elegant player, compared by his manager to Miralem Pjanic last year. He might need better players around him to really shine, rather than a team low on confidence that's frightened of making mistakes.

I'd like him to spend half a season with us next year, start to get integrated, then if he's not ready, he can go on loan in January.

Mate he's not going from playing in Ligue 1 and for Senegal to the Championship.

He's barely getting time at a Ligue 1 club about to be relegated. He hardly plays for Senegal.

Not sure if you've seen any bottom half games from Ligue 1 lately, but the pace of the game is slow and weak- definitely no better than the championship.

I don't know this kid but you must understand the situation it is very hard to make an impact in a relegation side especially as a kid bring him back see what happens and if anything loan him back to a better team to further his development with a better side.

He's barely getting time at a Ligue 1 club about to be relegated. He hardly plays for Senegal.

Not sure if you've seen any bottom half games from Ligue 1 lately, but the pace of the game is slow and weak- definitely no better than the championship.
He's a decent prospect to be fair, and has played around 1700 mins this season in a team that chops and changes a lot. He was better last year when the team was better and their best players were fit.

Back
Top Bottom