Parade on Sunday 2nd June - too soon?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think the dippers announced theirs (and for league win) a couple of weeks ago.... As you said law requires it
I've just read their contingency plans for when they lose (It's called "The Long* Road To Justice"):

1. Campaign for a Public Inquiry into the refereeing and VAR decisions.
2. Campaign for a Judicial Review of the dressing room arrangements, on the basis that they weren't allowed to feel victimised.
3. Release a heart-rending documentary entitled, "We Was Robbed".
4. Send a delegation to 10 Downing Street and respectfully present a petition to Prime Minister Gove.
5. Go to the European Courts of Justice, protesting their human rights to have won it.
6. Visit Pope Theresa in the Vatican.
7. Release the jaunty little charity single, "We are Fucking Scally Dippers.", written, sung and all instruments played by Saint Paul McCuuuuunt.

*edit - ...and winding

Bit gutted to hear the parade will be on the Sunday after we win the final as I’ll still be stuck in Madrid.

Anyone else think it’s a bit soon after or is this normal?

The route is also shit. It should be from seven sisters down to Edmonton and back. Northumberland Park is a ghost town.

It does feel like they're jinxing it by even making the announcement but if you have to close roads, then you must give notice, so routes can be planned, parking suspensions set up, it's just something that has to be planned for once we've won...

It does feel like they're jinxing it by even making the announcement but if you have to close roads, then you must give notice, so routes can be planned, parking suspensions set up, it's just something that has to be planned for once we've won...
Think the dippers announced theirs (and for league win) a couple of weeks ago.... As you said law requires it

If it was a regular thing, it’d be no big deal, we’re just shitting our pants because we’ve never been in this situation before.

Scousers would’ve done the same thing last year [communicated the route prior].

Just to clear up things about this.

• It has to be planned. Police, road closures etc.
  • Cos of the road closures it would of got out anyway, much better the club release it.
  • The nation's league finals are the week after so the England players have to join up woth the squad asap.
  • Donald Trump is arriving for a state vist on Monday, the police have said they can't/won't cover that and any trophy parade on the same day.
No idea about the route selected though. I'll also be one to the fortunate ones making my way back from Madrid on the Sunday, but being there to see the win massively outweighs any open top bus parade (if I get back in time I'll obviously be there!)

Back
Top Bottom