Pau López

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope he does well in what will be a difficult situation, but having actually seen him play for Spain u-21s against Denmark I'm a little bit worried. He looked very uncomfortable and made a couple of big errors that nearly led to goals.

Yeah the kid's talented but this thread is about Pau Lopez.
He's not starting ahead of Lloris anytime soon.
Well, you were saying Pau should be happy to get a game and 'keepers don't usually start games at this age etc... :pochfacepalm:

So let it be... let's hope Pau has a good game for us if he is to start

Ashamed to admit I didn't realise Pau was one 22! The signing makes a whole lot more sense than I thought in that case.

For some reason I thought he was around 30 odd (no idea where I got that from).

It's a funny one with keepers. If he plays I hope we don't have to find out how good he is today but if we do let's hope he has a solid debut!

Wikipedia has him down as on loan to us. We signed he outright didn't we?

Edit: he IS on loan. Back to thinking it's a bit of a weird one unless we have an option to buy.

Wikipedia has him down as on loan to us. We signed he outright didn't we?

Edit: he IS on loan. Back to thinking it's a bit of a weird one unless we have an option to buy.

Option to buy for £5,000,000 in the summer isn't it?

And I'll leave this

Making one big mistake in goal at the age of 18? Half of the teams in PL would gladly have him as a starter.

not that kid aint talented, but you could put together a highlights clip like that of mignolet. and he's shite. highlights clips mean as little as blunders clips, especially with keepers. Ive seen fat bloke in a pub team pull off world class stops.

this aint a pop at you, just a pop at the general idea that a youtube montage means anything, good or bad.

plus I saw Shilton, Clemence and Jennings at their peak. Be lucky if i ever see keepers like that again in my lifetime.

Just as an update, I have removed the 'relative' option from my previous statement...

I hope this isn't someone on here :pochfacepalm::llorishuh::pochshock:

Club have 'realised' player is signing for Pochettino this summer, waiting for Tottenham to contact them - Sport Witness

Espanyol working through a deal to sign Diego Lopez from AC Milan permanently wasn’t a big enough sign they feel Pau Lopez is joining Tottenham permanently, then going for another goalkeeper surely is.

Catalan newspaper Sport report Espanyol are making an offer to Gorka Iraizoz to be their back-up goalkeeper, with the carrot he’ll also be providing competition and have a fair chance.

Espanyol would not be working to sign two goalkeepers if Pau was to return from his Tottenham loan, and Sport underline that. The Spanish club are said to have ‘realised’ Tottenham are making the deal permanent, and Espanyol favourite Mauricio Pochettino will be getting Pau long term.

Now Espanyol are waiting for Tottenham to contact them to confirm the deal. This time around there’s no reporting about Spurs trying to talk Espanyol down on the €7m clause,
Screen-Shot-2017-05-11-at-09.46.52-300x247.png

but it’d be no surprise if that’s continuing in the background.

Pau Lopez is expected to be Hugo Lloris’ deputy next season, which puts a big question mark over Michel Vorm’s future with the club.

Vorm signed an extension with Tottenham last summer, but it was only to add a further year to his contract, which now ends in 2018, and therefore protect Spurs from losing the Dutchman for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom