Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely Mrs P.
Sad to report, from a first hand account, that Gazza was drunkenly and gratuitously abusing and assaulting NHS A&E staff down on the south coast a few weeks ago - hardworking and underpaid people who have much more important things to do - I wish it weren't so. Alcoholism is a truly horrible addiction and it seems he is unable to beat it.
I choose to remember Best & Gascoigne on the pitch, where they lit up my Saturday afternoons.

Got a few days off work and was channel hopping through Netflix. The Gascoigne documentary is on there. Bought the DVD when it came out but haven’t seen it for ages.
Thoroughly enjoyed watching it again. Such a fantastic player. Powerful, aggressive, hugely gifted & quite an unexpected burst of pace over a short distance.
He’s fucked his life up on so many levels but what a baller he was.
:gazza:

Just wish they hadn't bothered interviewing Jose Mourinho on it

He really got the brunt of the British media ‘build them up to knock them down’ tactic. Plus he always seemed a bit fragile mentally, and it must be a mind fuck to go from being a star of your profession to a redundant has-been. I know he tried his hand at managing, but that was a predictable disaster. As were his attempts at punditry.

I think a good career option would be as a writer. Obviously not actually writing, but dictating observations on football matters once a week for one of the rags. Give the journalists some license to polish it up a bit and I think a lot of people would be interested in what he has to say.

I’ll always remember him fondly. That free kick against Woolwich was one of my earliest memories as a Spurs fan, and I was also lucky enough to be at the old Wembley when he scored that goal against Scotland.

My family is split down the middle: Spurs down my mum's side, Watford down my dad's.

At the tender age of eight-and-a-half, I started to get into football and had to pick a side. Italia 90 had just finished, and Lineker and Gascoigne played for Spurs. Making it a total no-brainer.

If it wasn't for Gazza, there's at least a chance I'd have been a hornet. So thank God for Gazza! (And Lineker too...but really it was GAZZA!!!)

He really got the brunt of the British media ‘build them up to knock them down’ tactic. Plus he always seemed a bit fragile mentally, and it must be a mind fuck to go from being a star of your profession to a redundant has-been. I know he tried his hand at managing, but that was a predictable disaster. As were his attempts at punditry.

I think a good career option would be as a writer. Obviously not actually writing, but dictating observations on football matters once a week for one of the rags. Give the journalists some license to polish it up a bit and I think a lot of people would be interested in what he has to say.

I’ll always remember him fondly. That free kick against Woolwich was one of my earliest memories as a Spurs fan, and I was also lucky enough to be at the old Wembley when he scored that goal against Scotland.

He was incredible in a Spurs shirt. I’m glad he scored such an iconic goal for us.

That goal and then walking back up Wembley way singing you’ve lost that double feeling was tremendous. Easily one of the best days of my life.

He’s a Spurs player I will always be proud to say I watched in his prime, massive shame he never reached his full potential.

Absolutely prolific on Twitter in the past few days. Awful (good) jokes, pouting selfies and motivational quotes galore.

Good to see him active but can't help thinking he's doing a bit too much. Just don't want to see him overstep the line publicly or get hounded on my trolls.

Absolutely prolific on Twitter in the past few days. Awful (good) jokes, pouting selfies and motivational quotes galore.

Good to see him active but can't help thinking he's doing a bit too much. Just don't want to see him overstep the line publicly or get hounded on my trolls.
Would rather see him addicted to tweeting than the Vodka and whatever else. For now it seems to have replaced his other habits, I can live with that.

Although I have stopped "liking" his tweets as the novelty has somewhat worn off for me. haha

Hopefully he’s on the road to staying sober, one of the best footballers I have ever seen play, who can forget that goal of his for England at Wembley against Scotland at Euro 96?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom