Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is a documentary on him on the catch up for the new Sky Documentary Channel, probably watch it later tonight.
EDIT : Thought it was maybe a new documentary but I think it’s actually the film that came out in 2015.

Last edited:
gascoigne-1236197.gif

Didn’t we need the money so had to sell him?

May well have been the case but a club like Tottenham Hotspur should not be selling the most gifted players in the squad; how soon before the next exodus of the cream of the crop? It won’t be long me thinks.

.....Has no-one thought of just handcuffing them to the gates each week after the final whistle?

Should have stayed in England as Lazio was a mistake; and what a dirty no good set of Nazi worshipping supporters they have.

Lazio fans are the worst of the worst. Politicized, racist and sometimes they even beat each other.
An ultras chief (nickname Diabolik) has recently been killed, under the link in Italian

On another note, Gazza is interviewed in this clip talking about when the England team had a "night out" before Euro 96:

Of course the newspaper shown is The Sun, a rag that is obsessed with tearing the England squad down at every opportunity.

They also mention that MP's at the time called for the players involved to be "excluded from the team" yes, wonderful idea, let's kick out most of the England team's best players for a night out drinking, fuck, maybe they should have been more concerned with running the country than what a sports team was doing.

Lazio fans are the worst of the worst. Politicized, racist and sometimes they even beat each other.
An ultras chief (nickname Diabolik) has recently been killed, under the link in Italian

They have a mafia type power and even influence on who the club buys or sells. They ( the club) wanted to sign a talented French black player, and the president had to get permission from the ultras: this I believe was in the late 1980’s early 90’s. Permission to sign the player was given but on political grounds the player refused to sign.

Gazza should never have gone to that filthy hole!

They have a mafia type power and even influence on who the club buys or sells. They ( the club) wanted to sign a talented French black player, and the president had to get permission from the ultras: this I believe was in the late 1980’s early 90’s. Permission to sign the player was given but on political grounds the player refused to sign.

Gazza should never have gone to that filthy hole!
Magpie was a pure. Crazy but good. Not suitable for such corrupt environments

A film about him is in the works.

Gazza the movie: Paul Gascoigne biopic in the works
Producers seek actor to play the ‘good and bad’ in the life and career of the Newcastle, Spurs and England footballer is in pre-production
Tues 11th Aug

The footballer Paul Gascoigne has confirmed that producers are searching for an actor to portray him in a new film based on the memoir Gazza: My Story.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror, Gascoigne said: “There are backers looking at a film and trying to find someone to play me. I will guide them and read the script, it will be about my entire life. They will use my books.”

He suggested any film wouldn’t shy away from engaging with his off-pitch struggles with alcoholism. “Let’s face it,” he said. “I have nothing to hide. It has all been in the press, the good and bad.”

So who would be the ideal candidate as an actor to play Gazza ??
Jack O'Connell would be my choice but he's already played Bobby Charlton so I guess that's a non starter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom