Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like he is up to his old tricks again in my neck of the woods.
Was arrested and spent the night in the cells after assaulting his ex (Cheryl) and a security guard at Stevenage train station last night (drunk). He has got previous at this station, out of his head there about 15 or so years ago. I think he will be joining Bestie pretty soon, such a shame.

There's only so much other people can do and it's not like people haven't tried. He's a had a great deal more support and chances in rehab as a public figure than regular people fighting addiction will ever have. The last hurdle is his and his alone....and sadly it's now more apparent than ever that he just doesn't have the will or strength of personality to jump it.

It will be a sad day when Gazza passes, but with each relapse its seeming more and more inevitable.

What a waste of an awesome talent, Gazza the player was a genius with a football - Gazza the person is a sad, pathetic individual who has spurned tons of support and has lost the sympathy of a lot of people, you can't keep blaming the booze for your own bad behaviour.

Pretty much as expected. Completely out of it, tried to be friendly when they approached and went mental when he realized he was being arrested.

Apparently he was trying to arrange a fight with the police as they took him away.
Sound like he's in that early stage of starting to drink again where the withdrawals haven't really caught up. He seems to just go into another world or delusion at that stage if this video is anything to go by.

Looks like he is up to his old tricks again in my neck of the woods.
Was arrested and spent the night in the cells after assaulting his ex (Cheryl) and a security guard at Stevenage train station last night (drunk). He has got previous at this station, out of his head there about 15 or so years ago. I think he will be joining Bestie pretty soon, such a shame.

Yes in one of his books he said that he came close to jumping in front of a train at that station.

I bumped into him at Stevenage station just before his move to Lazio, he was downstairs at the station in the car park, I approached him for a chat and he was brilliant didn't realise he was with Cheryl and the two kids but he took me over and introduced me to them and we were chatting about his injury and the move and i wished him all the best and of course thanked him for that free kick.

Sound like he's in that early stage of starting to drink again where the withdrawals haven't really caught up. He seems to just go into another world or delusion at that stage if this video is anything to go by.

Oh my fucking god... this guy was my hero when I was younger....

I really do fear for the guy, and fully expect the very same 'Gazza Found Dead in a puddle of Piss and Sick' headlines any day now....

Poor fucker, but he's had all the help (and more) than he would if he were an unemployed nobody with a drinking problem... 'luckily' for him, he's had Gary Mabbutt, Ian Wright, Chris Evans and Danny Baker on his side... funding his latest rehab sessions (though in Chris Evans & Danny Baker's case, I'd say personal guilt at contributing to his sad state of affairs played a big part in it!)
Many people aren't as lucky.
Paul Gascoigne is clearly disturbed and very ill... I think most people have given up hope of this ending happily.

Sad, so sad. But inevitable now...

I think he's gonna struggle to find sympathy this time around...

...after his appearance last season at WHL next to Mabbutt, I think we all hoped he was over the worst...
but it seems that his demons will take him to the grave, and there's not a thing that we, or a well-meaning Gary Mabbutt can do about it.

Gutted, but this will always be my Gazza
article-1388132-0622F24C0000044D-129_634x367.jpg

Back
Top Bottom