Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice that he turns up to that flea pit but can’t be arsed to come to WHL even in its final year. It seems that he’s scarred by the fact that he was at his best with us but that leaving was the start of his demise.

Nice that he turns up to that flea pit but can’t be arsed to come to WHL even in its final year. It seems that he’s scarred by the fact that he was at his best with us but that leaving was the start of his demise.

Pretty sure he said that he couldn't come to the last game at WHL because he knows he will relapse drinking-wise at some point and he can't trust himself enough to come to occasions/celebrations like that. Which is incredibly sad but understandable I reckon.

Pretty sure he said that he couldn't come to the last game at WHL because he knows he will relapse drinking-wise at some point and he can't trust himself enough to come to occasions/celebrations like that. Which is incredibly sad but understandable I reckon.
He’s scared he starts drinking again, so decides to go to Glasgow?!?!

Not his finest decision.

That wasn’t the only game at WHL last season. He could have come to a match and had the sole attention.

That wasn’t the only game at WHL last season. He could have come to a match and had the sole attention.
Recovering addicts go through periods of feeling better and feeling worse. We can't rule out that Gazza now feels strong enough where he can be out in a social setting where as he might not have last year/season.

Every time I see a vid of Gazza at Italia 90 brings back so many memories, still torture myself today with what ifs. Andreas Brehme said after the final against an average Argentina team England were the best team they faced....but for a freak deflection off Paul Parker that trophy would have been ours. Gazza, Waddle, Platt, Beardsley, Lineker, Pearce...what a team.

I would have swapped the 40 yr old Shilton for Chris Woods though

Back
Top Bottom