Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If this turns out to be true I'm washing my hands of him.

Had more than enough chances and is lucky to have the support he does even now.

The incident seems to have happened around the same time he was on Soccer AM wankered.

Sad to say but I think he's never gonna get over booze it's claws are to deep in him just as it seems he's about to turn a corner he does something like this. You never know though if he serves time for this it might do him some good in the long run, I doubt it though

Last edited:
The whole Gazza saga is just deeply depressing. He was an absolute superstar for us and an incredible attacking midfielder. But everything around him just constantly degenerates. It’s very strange feeling such uncomfortable pity for someone I used to idolise.

As a footballer, he was a genius. As a human being, he doesn't seem to be able to control his excesses. Part of me feels sorry for him, the other part thinks he's an idiot for not taking all the chances he's been given to straighten himself out.

As a footballer, he was a genius. As a human being, he doesn't seem to be able to control his excesses. Part of me feels sorry for him, the other part thinks he's an idiot for not taking all the chances he's been given to straighten himself out.
I don’t think being an idiot even comes into it. Addiction has got its teeth so far into him, he could be the brainiest bloke on the planet (& let’s face it, he certainly isn’t) but still have absolutely no control over it.
As for this latest episode, I just hope it’s untrue or a misunderstanding. Because if he’s sexually assaulted someone whilst pissed up, then as much sympathy as I’ve had for him & his struggles, then I think enough is enough. Being a danger to himself whilst he’s on one, is one thing, but being a danger to the wider public is something unforgivable.
Equally unforgivable is that his arresting officers apparently wanted him to pose for selfies & sign autographs. If that is true, heads should roll in BTP.

I don’t think being an idiot even comes into it. Addiction has got its teeth so far into him, he could be the brainiest bloke on the planet (& let’s face it, he certainly isn’t) but still have absolutely no control over it.
As for this latest episode, I just hope it’s untrue or a misunderstanding. Because if he’s sexually assaulted someone whilst pissed up, then as much sympathy as I’ve had for him & his struggles, then I think enough is enough. Being a danger to himself whilst he’s on one, is one thing, but being a danger to the wider public is something unforgivable.
Equally unforgivable is that his arresting officers apparently wanted him to pose for selfies & sign autographs. If that is true, heads should roll in BTP.
According to his account he was just comforting someone, and he's soppy enough for that to be true. Trouble is, you can't get away with that these days, especially if you're a public figure, as there's unscrupulous people out there who will take advantage. Suppose it will all come out in court. Such a shame for all concerned.

Gazza was always my hero. Here's yet another reason I won't be talking about him all that much to my kids. Shame. Glad we have genuine role models in the current squad (probably not Hugo).

Back
Top Bottom