Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just watched a documentary film about Bobby Robson and Gazza was interviewed. Not sure how old the documentary was, but Gazza looked truly dreadful. I do fear for his health, both physically and mentally.
Such a shame, he was such a joy to watch play.

Best player of his generation imv

I'm just baffled that people think my post about Snoop likely not knowing who Gazza was is worthy of dislikes :sandro:

Snoop didn't make the image, he shared it days after it was doing the rounds on social media. It's more social commentary than a dig at Gazza (as well as boosting Snoop's ego a bit, I'm sure).

Snoop hasn't responded to anything from Gazza himself because he clearly has no idea who the fuck he is, and that he's the other guy in the meme he shared.

Oh well :harrysmile:

It was the 'one-sided' comment i disagreed with...

Peoples opinions of Gazza so much. He was talked up. Then the same ones started slagging him. I know what i do not like about him. I once saw a programme about him. His own son was way angry. Said a few bad things. His stepdaughter the same. Yet, Even my Mam said at the time, The girl kept his name. If he was so bad why?. Yeah ok. As a player he was brilliant to watch.

I’m gonna say something that seems controversial,

Gazza is clearly a twat, he’s being domestically abusive, racially abusive and all his #Lad stories about being a #Lad make him sound like he was a right dickhead... bringing an ostrich to training, climbing over the wall to get the ball and coming back the next day, sticking his head under the ref’s armpit, big stupid ‘I’m hilarious’ smile in his full kit, eating crisps really fast on tv, pulling his shorts up to his chest etc etc

All these stories appear and there’s a plethora of ‘Gazza you legend’ ‘FFS, ROFL Gazza’a So funny’ etc etc

I find it genuinely uncomfortable. Seems to be if you were actually close to the guy he’d cause you nothing but pain, emotional and physical.

I’m gonna say something that seems controversial,

Gazza is clearly a twat, he’s being domestically abusive, racially abusive and all his #Lad stories about being a #Lad make him sound like he was a right dickhead... bringing an ostrich to training, climbing over the wall to get the ball and coming back the next day, sticking his head under the ref’s armpit, big stupid ‘I’m hilarious’ smile in his full kit, eating crisps really fast on tv, pulling his shorts up to his chest etc etc

All these stories appear and there’s a plethora of ‘Gazza you legend’ ‘FFS, ROFL Gazza’a So funny’ etc etc

I find it genuinely uncomfortable. Seems to be if you were actually close to the guy he’d cause you nothing but pain, emotional and physical.

I love Gazza for the memories. His incredible skill and his occasionally genuinely funny moments. I think if I had to be around him for any length of time he’d do my head in.

It’s difficult because he’s clearly troubled. I think his celebrity did a number on him, and retiring has robbed him of the high of playing and being the centre of attention. We can sympathise and occasionally empathise, but that doesn’t mean we have to condone his actions, even if some of those actions are beyond the control of a very ill man.

It’s an addiction, and addictions make people behave like pricks. It doesn’t excuse his behaviour; it simply provides further context.

I really hope he gets better, I still consider him a legend, I hate some of the things he’s done, and I suspect he’s a bit of a dick. None of that is contradictory.

I have a addiction to football. Apart from that i do not have any. So i do not understand what it is like to have them. Unless someone does neither do they. That is why people do not know Gazza.

I have a addiction to football. Apart from that i do not have any. So i do not understand what it is like to have them. Unless someone does neither do they. That is why people do not know Gazza.

Lots of people have addictions. Lots of people know or knew people with addictions, so people certainly can relate to his issues.

I’d say you’re talking bollocks but it’s so badly written I can barely translate it.

Sort of annoys me when people try and make out smoking weed everyday is a positive lifestyle choice.
I listen to the joe rogan podcast. He has some interesting options & is pretty open minded. But when it comes to weed he is so biased. If a guest says a negative thing about weed he gets over defensive. Another annoying thing is people who wear clothes with weed images on it. As though you will stare at them thinking how cool are you.

Speak to any cannabis user of a 'certain age' and they'll spin you all the usual faux hippy shit about it: "Actually being good for you, that they give it go Cancer patients, so why not sell it at Tescos? ...and that every great song or film EVER was written whilst on the stuff..."
...whilst at the same time nervously looking over their shoulder constantly as paranoia sets in!!

A drug is a drug.... whether it's rolled up and smoked, or poured out and drunk.

When someone is murdered with a gun, you don't get people bemoaning it wasn't a knife, 'cos that's somehow 'less' of a weapon... the murder is the problem, not the manner in which it's carried out.

Same with gambling addiction... losing your family and all your money on the Horses, is no better or worse than had you lost it all betting on the outcome of Crown Green Bowls!

And its the same with the Alcohol/Drug/weed debate.

It's Addiction that's the problem...
They're BOTH addicts... it's just that for some reason, Snoop Dogg thinks he can take the moral high ground on this one 'cos he's 'aged' better!
Any one I know who has smoked regularly for years or either paranoid or have other mental health problems. It's just seen as very cool so it makes it very appealing.

The ex-England star, who denies sexual assault by touching, told police he had "kissed a fat lass" to give her a "confidence boost", jurors were told.

I hope he isn't paying his lawyer too much, ffs.
Of all the things a decent defence Solictor would advise not saying,that's probably very near the top...

Back
Top Bottom