Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing is more on trend than the 90s right now. Walk past a secondary school and they all have the same terrible haircuts we had as kids. Jeans are baggy again too.

The plus to the 90s revival is lots of good jungle tracks are coming out.

I had a Gazza bowl cut when I was 10 lol.
It's weird now kids today don't look a lot different to kids in the 90's. But kids in the 90's looked nothing like kids in the 70's. I suppose generational change slows but on the rare occasion i go to clubs and bars now it's amazing how you hear much of the same music and people basically dress and look the same as they did 20 odd years ago. Technology has moved on massively but the way society dresses and looks has remained relatively stable over the last few years.

I'm so lucky to have been at Wembley when he scored that goal against Scotland!
I was there too.

Met a mate of mine, helped close his fruit and veg stall early, then into a pub on the high road. His mate staged a hostile takeover of the bloke charging a pound for face painting in the bogs, then off to the game and back to the N Wembley local afterwards.

Was a cracking day.

Would love to meet Gazza. I had no idea at the time how lucky I was to watch him from 1989-1991 at Spurs. He was such an immense talent.
He's one of those people who you want to hug and slap at the same time, like my little brother, just doesn't know when to stop! I don't think he's ever grown up TBH.
He is a funny guy though, his stories and stories about him are legendary.

Would love to meet Gazza. I had no idea at the time how lucky I was to watch him from 1989-1991 at Spurs. He was such an immense talent.
Such a shame we sold Waddle in 89, him Gazza and Lineker in the same team would have been brilliant.

I've heard that story before though. Lucky Dion Dublin wasn't in the England side then as him and Les getting changed at the same time would probably have given Gazza a fucking heart attack.

See Gazza has settled with the murdoch press. Those cunts are utter scum

"Despite this, the company has repeatedly paid large sums to people who have made allegations of illegality at the Sun. These include Paul Gascoigne, who this week settled a claim against the Sun alongside Miller. The former England footballer said the Sun’s reporting of personal medical information had a “devastating and debilitating impact on my mental health and wellbeing”. "

"Despite this, the company has repeatedly paid large sums to people who have made allegations of illegality at the Sun. These include Paul Gascoigne, who this week settled a claim against the Sun alongside Miller. The former England footballer said the Sun’s reporting of personal medical information had a “devastating and debilitating impact on my mental health and wellbeing”. "

About the only one who hasn't settled is Prince Harry - I don't like him recently, but fair play if he screws them over in court.

Prime Gascoigne would probably cost £150m in this day and age.

70 times more than we paid back in 1988
He was brilliant not only because of his obvious attacking quality but also because physically he was a fucking tank. He put a proper shift in, smashed into tackles like a maniac. But then he could really play when he got the ball.

You don't get many midfielders with his skill and technique who also have the physical side to their game that he had. There's nobody really like him playing currently.

His son is competing in Dancing on Ice, and in the intro, they were having a conversation. Gazza looked quite rough, tbh, his face looked lumpy and shiny - probably had botox and fillers. Such a shame, one of the best players I've had the pleasure to see in a Spurs shirt.

Back
Top Bottom