Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the FA had any sense ( and we know they dont) they should have got Gazza involved in the youth set up, he could have taught the younger lads so much, but he was kinda left to fend for himself and he had such hanger on mates he crumbled and just drank, he had nothing to do and he should have been made to be busy.

Just watched the Gazza film - in 2 parts.

What an absolute legend, ruined by so many people. Just a lad who had great footballing skills, wanted to have a good time and have a beer with his mates.

Yet completely ruined by Piers Morgan and Rebbeca Brooks who wanted to use him to further their careers.

Just awful that he never stood a chance - people were hired to start fights with him just to get a story and getting a network of stooges to befriend him as fakes to get any inside story they could.
Piers Morgan is a gooner twat; he made money exploiting and then knocking down people like Gazza. He’s a wretched excuse of a human being.

I watched the BBC documentary at the weekend. I know some of his problems were his own making, but the press have to take some of the responsibility on the way it turned out. As a footballer, the guy was a genius, and I feel that we were lucky to have seen the best of him. Unfortunately, he was injured for the years he should have been at his peak. He was surrounded by hangers-on, bad advisers and people who used him mercilessly.
The saddest part for me was the end when they showed him as he is today - a shadow of his younger self, living alone in a rented apartment.
In a way, I wish I hadn't seen it, so I could just remember the supremely talented footballer, whose skills took the breath away.

Just watched the Gazza film - in 2 parts.

What an absolute legend, ruined by so many people. Just a lad who had great footballing skills, wanted to have a good time and have a beer with his mates.

Yet completely ruined by Piers Morgan and Rebbeca Brooks who wanted to use him to further their careers.

Just awful that he never stood a chance - people were hired to start fights with him just to get a story and getting a network of stooges to befriend him as fakes to get any inside story they could.

I think the worst was his PA who quit and immediately wrote a book about him

Easy to understand how he lost faith and trust in other people after that

Probably ruined that kid’s day and made him a laughing stock amongst mates etc. What a twat.
Sums it up tbh, an amazing spell with Spurs followed by the odd good game here and there. The idiot has never grown up and leaves a trail of wreckage behind him, I’ve no idea why people idolise wasters like Gascogne

Sums it up tbh, an amazing spell with Spurs followed by the odd good game here and there. The idiot has never grown up and leaves a trail of wreckage behind him, I’ve no idea why people idolise wasters like Gascogne
I get the feeling you are not actually a spurs fan. I saw him play and he literally lit up the lane every time he touched the ball. He had a very difficult upbringing and his talent cursed him to a tabloid hellscape. Yes he did many things wrong some of which are unforgivable and ultimately he is responsible for his own behaviour. But he has paid a price for our adulation and I can't help feeling sorry for him despite his many flaws.

Because he was the best player of his generation and if you’re a genuine Spurs fan you would appreciate that

Because we had, for a spell, one of the very best players in the world, a precocious and outrageous talent. And we dream of what might have been, for him and us.

That's football.

I get the feeling you are not actually a spurs fan. I saw him play and he literally lit up the lane every time he touched the ball. He had a very difficult upbringing and his talent cursed him to a tabloid hellscape. Yes he did many things wrong some of which are unforgivable and ultimately he is responsible for his own behaviour. But he has paid a price for our adulation and I can't help feeling sorry for him despite his many flaws.

I think the love and respect that Gazza got from Sir Bobby Robson is more important than some random borderline sociopath’s opinion on the internet.

Very touching watching the “More than a manager” documentary and you see how much time (and love) Sir Bobby had for Gazza.

I think the love and respect that Gazza got from Sir Bobby Robson is more important than some random borderline sociopath’s opinion on the internet.

Very touching watching the “More than a manager” documentary and you see how much time (and love) Sir Bobby had for Gazza.

Tel knew how to handle him too.

I don’t think the lad found it funny

But you don’t know that anymore than I do

My option is that it was staged and Gazza would have made sure that the lad was ok with it

Gazza could be a Dick sometimes but generally he had a good heart

Back
Top Bottom